This is the Top Flite P-40 Warhawk .60 ARF Sport Scale Airplane. This airplane is recommended for intermediate to advanced pilots.
- Made of built up balsa and light plywood on the fuselage and wings
- One-piece wing, with plywood wing joiner and built-in flaps
- Factory applied Top Flite MonoKote covering
- Radio compartment is easily accessible and plywood reinforced
- Pre-painted fiberglass cowling
- Pre-painted fiberglass air scoop
- Vacu-formed clear, pre-painted canopy
- Prebent wire landing gear, retractable landing gear, (not included) can also be installed
- Painted fiberglass landing gear pods hides retracts when optional retractable landing gear is installed
- Foam wheels, main, two 3.25" (83mm), one 1.25" (31.75mm) tailwheel
- Two-piece composite engine mount
- Two servos per wing half (1 Flap, 1 Aileron)
- Red aluminum spinner, 4" (102mm) diameter
- Cockpit with side panels, instrument panels, and seat back
- Building Time: Ready to fly in only 18-25 hours
- Warranty (through the manufacturer): Top Flite Models guarantees this kit to be free of defects in material and workmanship at the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any component parts damaged by use or modification.
The Curtiss P-40 took its maiden flight in 1938, and ever since, it’s fierce reputation lives on to this day. Used by numerous Allied countries during WWII, its "Warhawk" nickname came courtesy of the U.S. Army Air Corps. After production ceased in November, 1944, 13,738 P-40s remained to fight in the front lines for the final months of the war. This exceptional Top Flite ARF comes loaded with scale details which will impress even the most discriminating warbird modelers.
One Top Flite P-40 Warhawk .60 ARF Sport Scale Airplane with pre-built and covered wings, fuselage and tail assemblies, pushrods, main landing gear, two main wheels, tailwheel, adjustable engine mount, painted canopy, 14oz (420cc) fuel tank, instrument panel, fiberglass cowl, seat back, belly pan, extensive hardware package and photo-illustrated instructions
Engine: .60 - .91 cu in (10 - 15cc) 2-stroke OR .90 - 1.20 cu in (15 - 20cc) 4-stroke
Radio: 5-6 channel
Servos: 7 Standard, minimum 50 oz-in (3.6 kg-cm) 2-Aileron, 1-
Elevator, 1-Throttle, 1-Rudder, 2-flap servos, 1-Retract Servo (if using retracts)
12" (305mm) Servo Extensions: Two, one for each aileron servo
6" (152mm) Servo Extensions: Two for flap servos
Receiver Battery: 1000mAh minimum
Misc. Items: Glow plug, ¼" foam rubber padding, medium fuel tubing, fuel filter, propeller, building and field equipment.