This is the 1/16 scale Traxxas E-Revo VXL 4WD RTR with a TQ 2.4GHz Transmitter included. Traxxas sets the standard for power, performance and innovation. Now, for the first time, all the speed, quality and capability you expect from Traxxas is available in 1/16 scale with the new 1/16 E-Revo VXL.
With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you just switch on and drive; there aren't any frequencies or channels to manage, so the focus is on having fun. The TQ's sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage and its ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving. To customize the controls, the transmitter's factory servo directions can be easily reversed through the simple programming system.
At 14 inches long, the Traxxas E-Revo VXL is about half the size of the 1/10-scale E-Revo, but don't call it a "mini" - this is a whole new category of R/C performance and fun that no mere mini-model can match. Beneath the factory-finished polycarbonate shell, you'll find screaming Velineon brushless-motor power, the winning suspension technology of the seven-time National Champion Traxxas Revo, and the convention-busting innovation of the E-Revo.
Some mini-models are "fast for a mini" - but that's not good enough for Traxxas; the 1/16 E-Revo VXL is just plain fast. At 30+mph with the included 6-cell NiMH battery, E-Revo VXL is nearly twice as fast as most mini models, and faster than most electric RTR trucks of any scale. No other RTR truck, regardless of scale, makes it so easy and affordable to experience this level of high speed and wheelie-popping power. And you can install a second 6-cell battery to unleash the Velineon Brushless Power System's full fury, and E-Revo VXL jumps to over 50mph - all with proven-safe NiMH packs.
Now a hallmark of Traxxas vehicles, E-Revo VXL is the latest model to be equipped with fully waterproof electronics to keep the fun rolling in water, mud and snow while lesser cars stay on the bench. The new VXL-3m electronic speed control and high-torque, digital micro servo are sealed against the elements giving you the freedom to go places other cars wouldn't dare to. The patent-pending sealed receiver box houses Traxxas 2.4GHz receiver and can accept aftermarket receivers as well, without compromising the 1/16 VXL models' waterproof properties.
All-new and built specifically for Traxxas 1/16 scale models, the Velineon 380 motor and VXL-3m speed control represent the latest in brushless technology. Patent-pending Training Modelets new drivers hone their skills at 50% throttle. When drivers' ed is through, full power and 50+mph is unleashed with a touch of the EZ-Set button. Fully LiPo compatible with low-voltage detection for 2S and 3S packs and rated for 6-12 NiMH cells, this potent, powerful combo gives E-Revo VXL precise throttle control and blistering top speed. Big speed requires big horsepower, so E-Revo VXL and Slash 4WD VXL carry the largest motor in the "mini" category. The Velineon 380 is built to the same no-compromise specs as the Velineon 3500 found in Traxxas 70+mph 1/10 scale VXL models. High-speed ball bearings. Sintered rotor. Neodymium magnets. Gold plated 3.5mm connectors. It all adds up to 50,000 rpm of pure power and track-searing speed!
The 1/16 scale Traxxas E-Revo VXL is fully assembled with a TQ radio system, painted and decaled body, Velineon brushless power system, pre-glued tires, and detailed instructions. A Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery and charger are also included, making the E-Revo VXL truly Ready-To-Race. Designed specifically for the high-power needs of the Velineon brushless system, the potent Power Cell pack features heavy-duty construction, 16-gauge wires and Traxxas exclusive High-Current Connector for efficient power transfer, run after run.
One 1/16 scale Traxxas E-Revo VXL 4WD RTR with TQ 2.4GHz radio, painted body, 6-cell battery, 110V wail charger, extra pinion gear and an instruction manual
AA Batteries: Four for transmitter
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Sport Mode: Forward / Brake / Reverse, Race Mode: Forward / Brake, and Training Mode - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patent pending)
- TQ 2.4GHz radio system
- Powered by the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo suspension technology and E-Revo integrated chassis design, perfectly optimized for 1/16 scale
- Velineon VXL-3m Electronic Speed Control
- Traxxas High-Current Connector allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Velineon Brushless Power System
- Velineon 380 Brushless Motor
- High-strength Neodymium magnets
- High-performance sensorless design
- Efficient, high-speed ball bearings
- Gold-plated 3.5mm bullet connectors
- Precision-balanced rotor
- Waterproof, o-ring sealed receiver box
- Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Rocker-actuated shocks provide true progressive damping and spring rates
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Integrated battery compartments with intake and exit cooling vents
- Scale all-terrain front and rear tires offer superior on- and off-road traction
- Black-chrome Gemini 5-spoke wheels
- Full line of genuine Traxxas accessories available
- Digital High-Torque Waterproof Micro Steering Servo
- Sealed, silicone-filled differentials - an industry first in 1/16 scale
- Telescoping universal-joint driveshafts
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Threaded-body, oil-filled shocks permit fast, precise preload adjustments and deliver smooth, consistent damping
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Quick-release battery doors for fast pack changes
- Pre-glued Talon tires with high-performance foam inserts
- High-downforce rear wing
- E-Revo VXL is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
Length: 12.9" (328mm)
Front Track: 9.4" (239mm)
Rear Track: 9.4" (239mm)
Weight: 38oz (1.09kg)
Height (overall): 4.6" (117mm)
Wheelbase: 7.9" (202mm)
Front Shock Length: 48mm
Rear Shock Length: 48mm
Front Tires (pre-glued): Talon 2.0"
Rear Tires (pre-glued): Talon 2.0"
Front Wheels: 2.0" Gemini (black-chrome)
Rear Wheels: 2.0" Gemini (black-chrome)
Electronic Speed Control: Waterproof Velineon VXL-3m ESC
Motor (electric): Velineon 380 Brushless
Transmission: Heavy-Duty Single Speed
Gear Ratio (internal): 5.04:1, (reversed input: 9.72:1)
Overall Drive Ratio: 9.00 (stock, out-of-box)
Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Composite Nylon Monocoque
Brake Type: Electronic
Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
Radio System: TQ 2.4GHz (2-channel)
Top Speed: 30+mph (50+mph with dual batteries)*
Skill Level: 2
Included Batteries: 6-cell NiMH with Charger
Required Batteries: 4 "AA" (transmitter)
VXL-3m Waterproof ESC
Input voltage: 6 to 12 cells NiMH, 2S to 3S LiPo
Case Size: 26.5mm W x 46.5mm D x 22mm H
Weight: 38 grams
Motors: Sensorless Brushless
Motor Limit: None
On Resistance: 0.0005 Ohms
PWM Frequency: 12,000Hz
Peak Current: 326A
Continuous Current: 52A
BEC Voltage: 6.0V DC
Motor / Battery Wiring: 16-Gauge Maxx Cable
Transistor Type: MOSFET
Low Voltage Detection: 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on or off)
Thermal Protection: 2-Stage thermal shutdown
Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set
Battery Input Connector: Traxxas High-Current Connector
Motor Connector: TRX 3.5mm Bullet Connectors
Sport Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, 100% rev
Race Mode: 100% fwd, 100% brakes, no rev.
Training Mode: 50% fwd, 100% brakes, 50% rev.
Review Summary (Based on 8 Reviews)
great little truck but it needs some upgrades because on my first day i broke the front upper and lower axles and also i would get some lipo
I bought 2 of them for my 12 year old boys and they are really enjoying them, I was impressed on how well they put together
Nice little car but plan on buying a different battery. The one traaxas gives you doesn't last long at all
amazing little truck really fast having trouble with replacement drive shafts in rear wont line up with holes...
I fiund rc planets service excellent and all items shopped in a timely fashion.
Read All 8 Reviews...