Now you can experience the speed, power, and adrenaline of NHRA Drag Racing in 1/8th scale! Choose your model from the winningest team in drag race history, 17X champion John Force Racing.
- 70+mph Performance!
- Functional, Adjustable Wheelie Bar
- TQi 2.4GHz Intelligent Transmitter: The World's Most Advanced Ready-To-Race® Radio System
- Quick-Release Battery Hold Down
- Over-The-Top Brushless Horsepower: new ET-3s brushless power system
- Enclosed Receiver Box
- Hideaway Power Wire Routing
- Traxxas High-Current Connector
- Digital High-Torque Waterproof Steering Servo
- Hex Hardware
- Rubber-Sealed Ball Bearings
- Exclusive Burnout, Staging, and Race Modes
- Launch Control Switch
- Telemetry-Ready 5-channel Micro Receiver with Fail-Safe Security
- Direct Drive Transmission
- Revo-Spec Differential
- Inboard Front Suspension System
- Rugged Rear Wing
- Impressive 1/8 Scale Size
- Authentic Chrome Finish Front Wheels and Narrow Front Tires
- Tube-Style Black Chrome Chassis: The steel, welded-tube construction of the full-size John Force Racing Funny Cars is expertly replicated by the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Replica's gleaming black-chrome chassis.
- Replica Goodyear Eagle High-Traction Belted Slick Tires: Specially formulated rubber compound responds accurately to burnouts and heating for greater traction and harder launches. The Traxxas Funny Car's low-profile slick tires are specially designed for superior traction and high rpm durability.
- Race Replica John Force Racing Ford Mustang Funny Car Bodies: Choose your body from the garages of the winningest team in NHRA history, 17-time champions John Force Racing! In addition to Courtney Force's Traxxas Ford Mustang, the Traxxas Funny Car is available with Race Replica bodies for Courtney's John Force Racing teammates: Mike Neff's Castrol GTX car, Robert Hight's Auto Club car, and the Castrol GTX High Mileage car of John Force himself. All are fully detailed with the graphics and sponsor logos of the full-size machines, no painting or decaling required.
- "Clipless" Tilt-Up Body with Integrated Bumper: Chassis access is quick and easy with the NHRA Funny Car's tilt-up body. Detents hold the body in the "up" position for fast battery swaps, and the innovative body latch allows you to instantly release and re-latch the body--no clips to fumble with or lose.
- Adjustable 3-link Rear Suspension with Sway Bar: The Traxxas Funny Car utilizes a fully suspended rear axle and motor pod with a unique three-link trailing design for maximum traction and thrust. Pickup points, pre-load, and roll stiffness are fully adjustable for perfect trackside tuning.
- Oil-Filled GTR Shocks: Specially tuned for high-performance drag racing, the super-smooth oil-filled shocks maintain control through extreme launches.
The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Race Replica features outrageous horsepower, intense speed, and unmatched realism. Cubic-inch for cubic-inch, no motorsport offers as much sheer power and performance as NHRA drag racing; a single funny car can produce more horsepower than the first 8 rows of cars in a stock-car race. Drivers can pull more than five Gs when they launch, accelerating faster than a fighter jet. Over 300mph is achieved in about the time it takes to read this sentence.
The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Race Replica brings this all to life the Traxxas way, with outrageous horsepower, intense speed, and the unmatched realism and authenticity that can only come from being both fans and dedicated participants in NHRA drag racing.
The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car accurately captures the complete racing experience with realistic staging action on the start line. After your burnout, shake up your opponent by being the last one to roll into the stage beam…When the lights go green, release the Launch Control for the perfect reaction time. If you've already set your wheelie bar and used the multi-function knob on your transmitter to fine-tune the launch for maximum traction and acceleration. From that point on, it's up to you to keep it full throttle down the track and across the finish line.
Off the track, the realism continues with tilt-up licensed bodies developed from full size CAD drawings, tube style chassis, super-sticky belted slicks, and extremely accurate detailing. The front latch eliminates body clips for fast access to the battery compartment. The full suspension system is engineered to give the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Replica the ability to handle the ruts and bumps of real world track surfaces.
When combined with the Traxxas DTS-1 Drag Timing System (sold separately) and the Traxxas Link application on your TQi Docking Base (also sold separately), Traxxas drag racing becomes a full-on simulation with timing so accurate, races are won and lost by a millisecond. Only Traxxas could bring you this level of intense racing competition and all-out fun in such a tightly engineered package.
Realistic "Tube" Chassis: The steel, welded-tube construction of the full-size John Force Racing Funny Cars is expertly replicated by the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Replica's gleaming black-chrome chassis. Details including the front-mounted fuel tank (non-functional) and driver's roll cage give the Funny Car authentic looks to match its realistic performance. The wheelie bar is a functional tuning aid that helps the Funny Car transfer weight to the rear wheels for that perfect launch.
The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car is equipped with the TQi radio system; the world's most advanced Ready-To-Race radio system. The radio system is the sole connection between the driver and machine, and the all-new Traxxas TQi radio system has been engineered to be precise, comfortable, powerful, and reliable.
The Traxxas TQi radio system comes with a full complement of tuning features, including throttle and steering sensitivity, steering percentage, braking strength, servo end points, and much more. This unique 4-channel transmitter allows you to select Burnout, Staging, and Race Modes. When you're ready to pull the trigger and race, the Launch Control switch lets you hold full throttle and simply flip the switch to launch.
Use the multi-function knob to dial in the ET-3s speed control's torque settings for the quickest launches. Tune for temperature and track conditions just like the pros. The TQi's long-range, high-output, 2.4GHz signal combines with proven Traxxas reliability for rock-solid performance. The TQi is so advanced it doesn't even need an external antenna.
NHRA Funny Cars are famous for their fire-breathing 8000 horsepower engines that unload massive thrust and propel them to speeds over 300mph in just 4 short seconds. When the light goes green, the new ET-3s brushless power system responds in an instant and delivers a massive blast of Extreme Power that rockets the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car to the finish line.
Best of all, there are no brushes to wear out, so you can dial in consistent times and blazing speed, pass after pass. Traxxas' exclusive Staging Mode (patent pending) allows the Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Replica to creep into the stage beams of the DTS-1 timing system (sold separately) allowing you to execute authentic starting line strategy against your opponent.
The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Replica backs up its real-racing looks with genuine Funny Car performance. Install the Traxxas Power Cell 3-cell LiPo pack and the Funny Car rips off the line with tire-spinning torque. Stay in the throttle and top speed leaps to 70mph--and higher! The NHRA Funny Car Replica's fully functional aerodynamic design and high-downforce rear wing let you put power down like the pros with spectacular launches and exciting speed.
The Traxxas Funny Car Replica's patent-pending Throttle Mode system makes the Funny Car driving experience as authentic as the real car's styling. The burnout mode delivers full-power, linear throttle control to warm the tires as you hold the Funny Car in position and "smoke" the tires. Or simply flip the switch to Stage Mode for ultra-precise low-speed control to creep up to the start line or into the DTS-1 timing system's stage beams (DTS-1 sold separately). Finally, flip over to Race mode, and the throttle delivers your pre-set torque settings--turn torque down when traction is low, dial it up for high-bite conditions.
The patent-pending Traxxas Launch Control system lets you set the amount of torque needed to suit available traction. Set the Launch Control switch to "hold" and mash the throttle…When the light goes green, drop the switch to instantly deliver full throttle with your torque settings for a perfect jump off the line.
The TQi 2.4GHz micro receiver features Traxxas Link Model Memory, which allows the receiver to recognize up to thirty TQi 2.4Ghz Traxxas Link enabled transmitters—just switch on and drive. And in the event of signal loss due to an accidental switch-off or depleted batteries, the receiver will automatically return the throttle to neutral and hold the last commanded steering position. The Fail Safe programming is built-in and does not need to be set or activated. Three telemetry ports are incorporated in the 5-channel receiver to enable real-time data to be transmitted from your Traxxas model to the TQi transmitter when you install optional Telemetry Sensors (sold separately).
The direct-drive transmission uses a single gear mesh to transfer power and torque from the motor to the drive axle with superior efficiency. The axle incorporates a sealed, silicone-filled differential that has been tuned specifically for drag racing. Equal length axles help prevent torque-steer and ride on smooth, efficient ball bearings.
Full-size Funny Cars run on smooth, enhanced-traction surfaces that allow them to put power down through their solid axle. The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car Replica uses a sealed differential to help balance real-world differences in traction between the rear tires at 1/8th scale. Race-proven in the 8-time National Champion Revo, the Traxxas Funny Car Replica's differential represents the state of the art in power handling and efficiency. Heavyweight silicone oil provides a "limited slip" effect for straighter, more predictable launches.
Along with an aggressively wedge-shaped body and massive rear tires, a signature feature of an NHRA Funny Car is the huge rear wing that helps it harness 8,000 horsepower to achieve speeds over 300mph. The Traxxas NHRA Funny Car follows suit with its accurately shaped and highly effective rear wing, made of rugged injection-molded plastic for durability, good looks, and authentic performance.
Offered in four body styles:
- Blue - Robert Hight, Auto Club
- Green - John Force, Castrol GTX High Mileage
- Black/Red - Courtney Force, Traxxas
- White - Mike Neff, Castrol GTX