This is the Traxxas Nitro Slash 2WD SC Truck RTR with a TRX 3.3 Engine included. Proven Traxxas Slash performance with legendary TRX-3.3 Power! Only Traxxas could successfully combine this kind of heavyweight horsepower with a lightweight 2WD chassis to give you astounding performance and over-the-top fun.
For those who like their horsepower raw and screaming at the red line, the Traxxas Nitro Slash provides award-winning nitro fury of the TRX 3.3 Racing Engine. The Nitro Slash punches hard with a wide powerband and massive torque off the line. The TRX 3.3 Racing Engine features a PowerTune cooling head, precision composite slide carburetor, multi-port rear exhaust, dyno-proven IPS crankshaft, and the starting convenience of the exclusive Traxxas EZ-Start system. It's competition-proven power with convenience and reliability for all-day driving fun. And best of all, TRX 3.3 engine is an investment in performance for years to come, and is fully protected by the exclusive Traxxas Lifetime Engine Replacement Plan.
The award-winning Traxxas TRX-3.3 engine gives the Nitro Slash tire-melting thrust that is way more than any driver needs, but is exactly what every driver wants. It takes a stout drivetrain and Traxxas-Tough durability to handle the TRX-3.3’s outrageous output. The Traxxas Nitro Slash delivers with proven components that have made the Slash the standard for fun and durability. The extra large capacity of the 150cc fuel tank keeps the action running longer between fill ups and the exclusive EZ-Start electric starting system makes starting as easy as pressing a button.
With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you simply switch on and drive. There are no frequencies or channels to manage, so the focus is purely on having fun. The Traxxas TQ’s ergonomic design is beyond comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. To customize the Nitro Slash’s controls, the transmitter’s factory servo directions can be easily reversed through the simple programming system.
The Traxxas Nitro Slash was not only built to perform with its race-inspired suspension geometry, disc brake, and adjustable slipper clutch, it's also built Traxxas Tough for all-day driving fun. The Nitro Slash's powerful design keeps irritating breakage to a minimum so that the action can keep going on and on. Full rubber-sealed ball bearings provide the ultimate protection and low maintenance for nitro environments. The tough 6061-T6 aluminum chassis forms a rock-solid backbone that can also draw heat away from the engine. The gear diff requires no time-consuming adjustment and is virtually maintenance free. The oil-filled Ultra Shocks use exclusive X-ring seal technology for reduced friction and superior leak resistance. The Magnum 281 transmission uses a steel-composite planetary gear differential with built-to-last hardened steel gears. Traxxas engineers and designers are dedicated to keeping you on the throttle, not on the workbench.
The Nitro Slash comes as a complete package with professional factory assembly; a detailed setup and tuning DVD to acquaint you to starting, racing, and maintenance; installed high-power pistol grip radio system; and one of the most powerful Ready-To-Race engines available.
One Traxxas Nitro Slash 2WD SC Truck RTR with TQ 2.4GHz 2-ch Radio, Engine with Electric Starter, Starter Battery, Charger, Painted Body, extra Glow Plug, Fuel Bottle, Nitro Tuning DVD, and Instruction Manual
Fuel: 10%-20% nitro content, 20% recommended for break-in
AA Batteries: Eight, four for transmitter and four for receiver
Track and maintenance equipment
- Large bore piston and sleeve deliver extreme power
- Straight-through exhaust flow
- Knife-edged connecting rod
- Super-light piston and rod
- Backed by Traxxas Lifetime Engine Replacement Plan
- Officially Licensed Race Replica Bodies: Mark Jenkins Edition (#25 Traxxas), Chad 1 Hord Edition (#9 BOSS Snowplow), Rob MacCacharen (#21 MOPAR) and Robby Gordon Edition (#7 Speed Energy)
- Scale front and rear tube-style bumpers
- Large capacity 150cc fuel tank extends run time
- New high-volume dual-stage air filter
- Enclosed receiver box protects against water and fuel
- Magnum 281™ transmission with ball bearings
- Tuned pipe exhaust system
- Planetary differential with steel gears
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- SCT chrome-center wheels with color-molded beadlock-style trim ring
- Consistent and smooth throughout the entire power band
- Slide carburetor
- Large aluminum blue-anodized cooling head
- High-performance ball bearings
- TQ 2.4GHz radio system
- Scale dimensions and looks of actual short course off-road race trucks
- 50+ mph top speed out of the box
- High-torque steering and throttle servos
- Double deck 6061-T6 aluminum and composite chassis
- Integrated throttle servo mount with air filter support
- EZ-Start push-button electric starting
- Large diameter disc brake
- Heavy-duty driveshafts
- Officially licensed BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain
- High-revving TRX 3.3 Racing Engine for proven championship-winning horsepower and speed
Length: 22.24" (565mm)
Height: 7.40" (188mm)
Front and Rear Track: 11.65" (296mm) distance from outer edges of tires, side-to-side
Wheelbase: 13.07" (332mm)
Gear Ratio: 2.81
Length: 21.3" (542mm)
Width: 11.4" (289mm)
Height: 5.3" (135mm)
Review Summary (Based on 2 Reviews)
This thing rocks, it's super fast! Don't wreck it! Everything is plastic and breakable. Replacement metal parts are easily found here. Avoid water, mud and snow.
Once broken in and the power comes up, the thing is a rocket! Very happy with it and is fun to bash with, look forward to having it for a long time.