This is the Traxxas Slash 4x4 1/16 scale Short Course Race Truck with a Titan 12T Motor and TQ 2.4GHz Transmitter included. The Traxxas Slash set the original standards of short-course fun and versatility, but then the Slash 4x4 raised the bar on short-course performance with category-making power, speed, and track-ready handling. Now you can experience the fun of wheel-to-wheel Traxxas Slash 4x4 racing with the included high-torque Titan 550 power--the largest motor in the "mini" class by far!
At 14 inches long, the 1/16 scale Slash 4x4 is about half the size of the 1/10-scale Slash 4x4. But don't call this a "mini"—this is a whole new category of R/C fun and performance that no mere mini-model can match. Short-course styling that captures the attitude of the full-size Traxxas TORC-series racer is just the beginning. Beneath the Race Replica polycarbonate shell, you'll find the winning suspension technology of the eight-time National Champion Traxxas Revo and the convention-busting innovation of the E-Revo.
Leave it to Traxxas to put the huge torque of the Titan 550 motor into the 1/16 scale Slash 4x4! The powerful Titan 12T 550 modified motor is the same one that’s used in larger 1/10 scale Traxxas' models. The Titan 12T was designed and engineered for high speeds and consistent torque run after run. The included XL-2.5 ESC features Traxxas' High-Current Connector for ultra-efficient power flow. The XL-2.5 ESC features EZ-Set one-button setup, high current handling, and smooth high-frequency control. Three drive profiles, thermal shutdown protection, low voltage detection, gold-plated connectors, and incredibly low resistance are all features you might expect to only be available on an expensive replacement ESC. Fully waterproof electronics are a Traxxas exclusive that opens the door to new driving adventures on rain-soaked asphalt.
The 1/16 scale Slash 4x4 doesn't slow down for rain. The waterproof o-ring-sealed receiver box and servo let you keep on racing, even in wet weather that parks lesser cars on the bench. The patent-pending sealed receiver box houses Traxxas' proven micro receiver and can accept aftermarket receivers as well, without compromising the model's waterproof properties. The high-torque digital micro servo and new XL-2.5 ESC are sealed against the elements to give you total driving freedom.
With the TQ 2.4GHz radio system, you simply switch on and drive. The TQ’s ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day driving, and its sleek lines are enhanced by an internal antenna that is impervious to damage. And best of all, there aren’t any frequencies or channels to manage, so the focus is on having fun. To customize the controls, the transmitter’s factory servo directions can be easily reversed through the simple programming system.
The 1/16 scale Traxxas Slash 4x4 is fully assembled with painted and decaled body, TQ 2.4GHz radio system, pre-glued tires, and detailed instructions. A Traxxas Power Cell NiMH battery and charger are also included, making the Slash 4x4 truly Ready-To-Race. Designed specifically for the high-power needs of Traxxas vehicles, the potent Power Cell pack features heavy-duty construction, 16-gauge wires and Traxxas' exclusive High-Current Connector for efficient power transfer, run after run.
One 1/16 scale Traxxas Slash 4x4 Short Course Race Truck with TQ 2.4 GHz radio system, Titan 12T 550 motor, XL-2.5 electronic speed control, 7.2 volt NiMH battery and charger, and Race Replica painted bodies.
XL-2.5 Waterproof ESC Features:
- Powerful Titan 12-Turn 550 modified motor
- Traxxas High-Current Connector allows high-capacity battery packs to deliver maximum voltage to the Titan Brushed Power System
- Waterproof, o-ring sealed receiver box
- Sealed, silicone-filled differentials—an industry first in 1/16 scale
- Telescoping universal-joint driveshafts
- External gear cover with easy slipper access
- Threaded-body, oil-filled shocks permit fast, precise preload adjustments and deliver smooth, consistent damping
- Speed control and receiver are securely fastened to chassis
- Quick-release battery doors for fast pack changes
- Pre-glued all-terrain tires with high-performance foam inserts
- Available in Race Replica versions with officially licensed paint and graphics: Mike Jenkins Edition (Traxxas #47), Mark Jenkins Edition (Traxxas #25), Scott Douglas (AMSOIL), or Greg Adler Edition (4 Wheel Parts)
- Full line of genuine Traxxas accessories available
- Officially licensed Race Replica body styles: Mike Jenkins (Traxxas #47), Mark Jenkins (Traxxas #25), Scott Douglas (Amsoil), and Greg Adler (4 Wheel Parts)
- Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo suspension technology and E-Revo integrated chassis design, perfectly optimized for 1/16 scale
- Digital High-Torque Waterproof Micro Steering Servo
- Traxxas 4-channel micro receiver
- Torque-Control slipper clutch system
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Rocker-actuated shocks provide true progressive damping and spring rates
- Fiber-composite monocoque chassis
- Integrated battery compartments with intake and exit cooling vents
- Scale all-terrain front and rear tires offer superior on- and off-road traction
- Satin-chrome beadlock-style wheels
- TQ 2.4GHz Transmitter
- 1/16 Slash 4x4 is backed by unparalleled Traxxas support and parts availability
- LiPo, NiCad, and NiMH compatible with two-stage low-voltage detection
- Programmable with three drive profiles: Sport Mode – Fwd / Brake / Rev, Race Mode – Fwd / Brake, and Training Mode – 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- Multi-color LED
- Efficient, low-loss MOSFET design
- Smooth, high-frequency operation
- Innovative waterproof design
- Fully-proportional forward, reverse, and braking control
- EZ-Set push-button setup
- Thermal shutdown protection
- High-capacity heat sink
- Easy installation in Traxxas models
Length: 14" (356mm)
Front Track: 7.3" (185mm)
Rear Track: 7.3" (185mm)
Weight: 35oz (1000g)
Height (overall): 4.92" (125mm)
Wheelbase: 8.1" (206mm)
Front Shock Length: 48mm
Rear Shock Length: 48mm
Front Tires (pre-glued): Slash All-Terrain 1.6"
Rear Tires (pre-glued): Slash All-Terrain 1.6"
Front Wheels: Dual-bead 35/47mm, 12mm hex hub
Rear Wheels: Dual-bead 35/47mm, 12mm hex hub
Electronic Speed Control: Waterproof XL-2.5 ESC
Motor (electric): Titan 12T 550
Transmission: Heavy-Duty with Steel Idler Gear
Gear Ratio (internal): 5.04:1, (reversed input: 9.72:1)
Overall Drive Ratio: 7.32:1 (stock, out-of-box)
Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed
Gear Pitch: 48-Pitch
Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Composite Nylon Monocoque
Brake Type: Electronic
Drive System: Shaft-Driven 4WD
Radio System: Traxxas TQ 2.4GHz (2-Channel)
Skill Level: 2
Included Batteries: 6-cell NiMh with Charger
Required Batteries: 8 "AA" (transmitter)
XL-2.5 Waterproof ESC
Input Voltage: 4-8 Cells NiMH, 2 Cells (2S) LiPo
Case Size: 26.5mm W x 46.5mm D x 22mm H
Weight: 33 Grams
Motor Limit: 10-turns*
On Resistance (@Trans): 0.008 Ohms
Reverse Delay: None
BEC Voltage: 6.0V DC
Power Wire: 16 Gauge / 40mm
Input Harness Wire: 26 Gauge / 130mm
Motor Wires: 26 Gauge / 130mm
Transistor Type: MOSFET
Low Voltage Detection: 2-Stage indicators, switchable (on and off)
PWM Frequency: 2300 Hz
Thermal Protection: Thermal shutdown
Single-button setup: Yes, Traxxas EZ-Set
Sport Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, 100% REV
Race Mode: 100% FWD, 100% brakes, no REV
Training Mode: 50% FWD, 100% brakes, 50% REV
*Max dimensions reflect a battery that is the length of the entire battery tray, but due to
the tray shape and design, the height and width of the battery must be decreased.
**One 6-cell pack included with model. Additional 6-cell NiMH battery pack sold separately.
Review Summary (Based on 16 Reviews)
Excellent product and purchasing experience
I don't have one yet, but I ordered one yesterday. my 4 neighbors have at least 2 slashes and they run great. they all have lipo batteries. all I recommend is to have A lipo battery and a brushless upgrade, maby a better set of tires than just the normal all terrain tires. what ever terrain your riding on that's the tires you get.
Great little truck. Seems to be tough as nails. Plenty of aftemarket hop ups available. I definitely recommend upgrading to the lipos and swapping the pinion and spur gear out for more speed. That being said, I thought it would be faster, but, I am spoiled with the speed of my geared brushless REVO on 3 cell lipos. For only a few extra bucks, get the 31t pinion and 28t spur on this guy for a little more zip. Overall, good buy and fun to drive.
this thing is a good basher I have used this for crawling racing and jumping I have hadto replace a coupleparts and thewhels war down fast
the people at rc were very helpful and I appreciate that you all ship to APO addresses. thank you for offering a hand to military families.
Fun indoor and on ice out side great out of the box fun needs to be hoped up for me to call it fast
My son was so excited to receive his Traxxas slash. Works awesome.
Anything that outlasts a 14 yr old is great.
This truck is generally good with some limitations. very fast and fun to use however, the suspension in the rear sags (cannot support the weight of the truck) so it is compressed in a normal state resulting in frequent flip-overs when you hit bumps. The tires supplied also seem a bit small proportionally - they could easily be bigger. The supplied 1200mha battery lasts about 10 minutes. Plan to upgrade the batter and charger if you buy. In spite of this recommend for kids as it does not go too fast.
I got this car about 1 week ago i live in michigan and it has been snowing so ive driven it on the snow it has gone thru some massive crashes and I haven't had to replace a single part it has realy good speed i say maybe 45 mph and it is realy powerful i used it to plow my driveway the other day it worked great it takles the snow like it is nothing and it has gotten wet tons of time and nothing ever short circeted this car I got shipped with free shipping and it came within two days
Although I can't comment on the quality of the product itself. (It's got to stay in the box until Christmas) The staff at RC Planet were able to offer advice based on the type of product I was looking for and my price range. All of my communication with them was online. They offered prompt replies to all questions.
It was given as a gift, so I can't give a good review, but my grandson loves it.
Tough little truck. Great fun for my 8 yr old and I. Training mode is just right for him. We put tape on the tires for some fun drift sessions. Easily removed for going in the dirt.
for a 16th size it is very good once you get used to all the power 5 stars for me I even ordered another one :)
Read All 16 Reviews...