This is the new Traxxas Slash 4x4 VXL 1/10 Scale Electric Short Course Truck, now with a TQi 2.4GHz High Output Radio and a Power Cell 8.4V 3000mAh 7-cell NiMH Battery included.
Traxxas engineering is behind the innovation that fuels the hobby and the all new Slash 4x4 takes full advantage. The long list of features includes an all-new rigid chassis, new race-bred suspension, new super-efficient shaft drive, new steering system, Revo sealed differentials, new licensed BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A tires, Velineon brushless power, and a TQi 2.4GHz radio system. The weight bias—Perfect. The look—Dead on. Top speed—40+mph with the included 3000mAh 7-cell battery pack. Power Up to the Mamba Monster (it drops right in!) and 80+mph is in your reach. The Slash 4X4 keeps all the great characteristics and features that made the original Slash such a hit with enthusiasts, while at the same time injecting new thinking, new components, and track bred performance.
The Velineon VXL-3s speed control is loaded with high-grade technology to precisely deliver maximum power to the motor. It's engineered for today's battery technology and beyond. Two-stage low voltage detection allows full LiPo compatibility, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs!
The Traxxas Slash 4X4's Velineon Brushless Power system defines a whole new generation of outrageous electric power that knows no limitations or boundaries. Pour in the voltage and out comes the speed in tidal waves of force harnessed by precision throttle control. For the uninitiated, prepare yourself... the sheer brutal power combined with the Traxxas Slash 4X4's four-corner grip results in lightning fast speed and tire-melting acceleration. The Traxxas Velineon 3s Brushless Power System features system components that work together as an optimized package, from the patented Traxxas High-Current connector to the custom-wound motor. It's engineered together from the start to deliver the ultimate in speed, efficiency, and run-time along with precision throttle response and refined control. This is brushless performance the Traxxas way: wicked fast and easy to use. Just plug it in and it works, no special knowledge or programming skills required.
Extreme performance is standard equipment with the sensorless Velineon motor. Ultra high-temperature Neodymium magnets, high-speed ball bearings, and a precision balanced rotor deliver power and long life with near zero maintenance. Since there are no brushes or commutator to wear out, you always get the same blistering acceleration and ballistic top speed run after run.
One Traxxas Slash 4X4 Short Course Race Truck w/ TQi 2.4GHz radio system, brushless ESC and motor, body, 7-cell 3000mAh NiMH battery, AC powered charger, decals and illustrated instruction manual
Four AA Batteries for Transmitter
- Nylon composite chassis
- Four wheel drive with lightweight extruded aluminum shaft
- Traxxas TQi 2.4GHz high output radio with Traxxas Link automatic model recognition, telemetry enabled 5-ch micro receiver with dual channel 1 inputs
- Traxxas VXL-3S waterproof ESC, with high-current connector, training mode, reverse and low voltage detection for use with 2S and 3S LiPo packs
- Traxxas Velineon 3500 motor with ultra high temperature Neodymium magnets and high speed ball bearings
- 54 tooth, 0.8 module 32 pitch Spur Gear
- 13 tooth Pinion Gear
- Traxxas Power Cell 8.4V 3000mAh 7-cell Battery with high-current connector
- 110V wall charger Battery Charger
- Painted and trimmed body
- Front and rear, composite bumpers
- Traxxas Ultra oil filled shocks with high-volume body, silicone bladders, dual X-ring seals and progressive springs
- C-hub suspension design
- Ball bearing transmission equipped with adjustable Torque-Control slipper clutch with finned aluminum alloy pressure plates
- Revo-spec sealed silicone filled planetary gear type differentials
- Rubber sealed ball bearings
- Adjustable caster/toe-in
- Adjustable camber
- Mud-Terrain tires, with foam inserts 1.7" (43mm) wide, 4.3" (109mm) diameter
- Beadlock style split spoke wheels with chrome center and color molded outer rim to simulate beadlock, 12mm hex
- Dual bellcrank pivoting steering on rubber sealed bearings with integrated cam-type servo saver, waterproof digital high-torque (125 oz-in) servo
Length: 22.36 Inches (568mm)
Front Track: 11.65 Inches (296mm)
Rear Track: 11.65 Inches (296mm)
Center Ground Clearance: 2.83 Inches (72mm)
Weight: 93.1oz (2.64kg)
Height (overall): 7.60 Inches (193mm)
Wheelbase: 12.75 Inches (324mm)
Shock Length: Long (front), XXLong (rear)
Tires: Officially-Licensed BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A 2.2" Pre-Glued with Foam Inserts
Tire Diameter: 4.31 Inches (109.5mm) (front and rear)
Wheels (front/rear): 2.2" Split-Spoke, Black or Red Beadlock
Wheel Diameter: 2.2 Inches (56mm) Outer, 3.0 Inches (76mm) Inner
Speed Control Type: VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control
Motor (electric): Velineon 3500 Brushless
Overall Drive Ratio: 11.82 (stock, out-of-box)
Differential Type: Hardened Steel Bevel, Sealed, Limited Slip
Gear Pitch: 32
Chassis Structure/Material: Molded Tub / Nylon Composite
Drive System: Shaft-Driven, Direct Drive 4WD
Steering: Dual-Bellcrank with Integrated Servo Saver
Radio System: TQi 2.4GHz
Body: Officially-Licensed Race Replicas:
Mike Jenkins Edition (Traxxas)
Mark Jenkins Edition (Traxxas)
Scott Douglas Edition (AMSOIL)
Greg Adler Edition (4 Wheel Parts)
Jerry Whelchel Edition (Chet Huffman Motorsports)
Top Speed: 60+mph*
Skill Level: 1
Included Accessories: 7-Cell 3000mAh NiMh (8.4 volts) Traxxas Power Cell Battery Pack and Charger, Precision Tool Set
Required Items: 4 "AA" Batteries (for transmitter)
Note: *With optional gearing and 3S LiPo battery (items sold separately), 35+mph stock.
Review Summary (Based on 5 Reviews)
I have had this truck for about a year now Hands down best built sct i have owned but if its not maintained you will find yourself here ALOT.
This is by far one of the best toys / trucks I have bought. It works well and is very fast and runs surprisingly long on a single charge.
Love it! Meets all expectations and recommendations.
Great job excellent timing on shipping.
This is a really awesome truck, fast and fun to have. My wife was amazed of its speed as well as how it is made. I really enjoy it. Glad I bought it.