This is the Walkera V450D03 RTF Helicopter with a Devo 7 Transmitter included. The all new Walkera V450D03 is by far one of the Walkera's best 450 class helicopters, and it's designed for beginners.
Extraordinarily different from many other 450 class helis, the V450D03 uses plastic materials instead of metal. The plastic material is not your average plastic, but special Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic, making this heli exceptionally strong and lightweight.
Whether you're a beginner or an expert, you'll absolutely love the new V450D03. It has stability, thanks to 6-Axis Gyro, it has agility and handling, thanks to the well made Plastic parts, the brushless power system and digital metal gear servos. So if you're a beginner with experience on Co-Axial and Single Rotor Helis, this is your best choice for an outdoor helicopter.
One Walkera V450D03 RTF Helicopter with a 7-Ch 2.4G DEVO 7 Digital Transmitter, SkyRC E3 Battery Charger, 11.1V 2200mAh 20C Li-Po Battery, and an Instruction Manual
- The convenient ‘separation design’ of the integrated plastic main frame and skid landing makes it easy to maintain or disassemble
- Flybarless structure: The all new flybarless system features an incredibly fast response and improved efficiency
- The included high-performance brushless motor provides you with a more powerful and durable flight
- Generation II 6-Axis gyro control system integrates with the receiver. It can automatically correct flight attitude and is easy to control for both basic flight and 3D flight. The Generation II 6-Axis gyro control system ensures a stable and precise flight, and decreases the difficulty of flying
- 26g high speed digital servo as tail servo, features high torque, fast response and high speed flight
- Belt driven system ensures easy adjustment, stable flight and less noise
- The main blade is made of new compound carbon fiber materials, has better rigidity and toughness, and is better suited for wind resistance when outdoors and with 3D maneuvers
- The 11.1V 2600mAh high-capacity LiPo battery can provide about 8 minutes of flight when it's fully charged
- The WK-WST-40A-2 40A ESC has better heat radiations and is very easy to maintain
- Control system RX2703H-D: When using UP02 and UP02, the adapter can update on line
Main Rotor Diameter: 712 mm
Tail Rotor Diameter: 150 mm
Overall Length: 676 mm
All-up Weight: 816g (Battery included)
Brushless Speed Controller: 40A
Gyro: 6 AXIS RX-2703H-D
Encoder: ARM micro computer system
Output power: -5dBm~20dBm
Battery: 1.2VX8 NiCard or1.5VX8 AA dry batteries
Current Drain: =170mA
Review Summary (Based on 3 Reviews)
The V450D03 is a great machine and for the price it's hard to beat. The bird is very stable and fairly cheap to repair. The negative is the electronics. The stock servos and esc went bad after 30 days and caused some bad crashes. If you don't upgrade them learn how to Auto Gyro ASAP. I replaced my esc with the Castle lite 50 amp and a Scorpion Motor which gave me twice as much power. The climb out's are insane now even at 50% power!!! Honestly IMO after you spend the money in upgrades you could of bought an Align 450PRO!!! It's still a good first 450 size heli for beginner's overall but just keep a close eye on the stock electronics and you will have alot of fun!!
The V450D03 is in my opinion the best RC helicopter that Walkera produces. This bird is stable as a rock right out of the box with the 6 axis gyro. This helicopter is my top pick for those moving up to the 450 class or starting to learn 3D. For someone who loves this hobby, but can't afford the high prices of Align, etc. This is the heli for you, and leaves little to be desired! You'll have a hard time beating the prices of RC Planet with the RTF package. Time to go outside and fly this awesome heli!
Unfortunately, I have not flown the V450 yet but that will come.