Hobbico radio controlled, glow powered, Almost Ready-to-Fly, NexSTAR .46 trainer airplane. For Beginner Modeler/Fliers. With such features as SpinControl Airfoil Extensions, SpeedBrakes and Training Flaps no other trainer offers so much help for the first-time pilot.
- Construction: Balsa and plywood
- Wings: CenterCore Molded Composite Main Wing Rib maintains perfect alignment and includes a built-in aileron servo mount, wing halves are joined with a steel rod.
- Flat bottom high mount configuration
- One-piece, all wood precision airfoil with SpinControl Airfoil
- Extensions that provide lift even in a stall to keep the
- NexSTAR level and the pilot in control.
- PivotFlex Wing Mounting System fastens with one 1/4-20x2 nylon wing bolt (GPMQ4402),a rubber retainer and pivoting channel absorb minor jolts of normal use, more severe jolts cause the wing to separate from the fuselage and escape the full force of impact.
- Airspeed Restrictor: SpeedBrakes Training Flaps attach to forward section of wing near fuselage and hold airspeed to a minimum to insure smooth landings, removeable as pilot skills increase
- Covering: Polyester based heat shrink, color scheme is White and Red with Silver accents. True Red TOPQ0227
- Landing Gear: Duraluminum SnapGear Quick Landing Gear Mounts,
- (US Patent #6,886,780) lock in place with a snap and provide the strongest landing gear of any trainer, also easily removeable
- Aileron Control: Requires single standard size servo, wings are built with dual aileron servo trays for future upgrades as skills increase, can also be equipped with flaps
- Tail Mounting: EasyAlign System guides parts into place automatically in perfect alignment without tools
- Building Time: Ready to fly in 3-5 hours
- Warranty Period: Hobbico guarantees this kit free from defects in both material and workmanship at purchase date. This warranty does not cover any component part damaged by use or modification.
The NexSTAR ARF allows modelers to use the radio and engine of their choice. It's a top-of-the-line trainer that not only looks better, flies better and teaches better...it also offers more flexibility! Still the most advanced training system EVER ï¾— with many special features.Note:
This version does not include a radio, pilot assist link, engine, NexSTAR Simulation Software, and the learn-to-fly guarantee.Includes:
Pre-built and covered wings, fuselage and tail assemblies, pre-bent main landing gear with three 2ï¾¾" (70mm) foam main wheels, steerable nose gear, IsoSmooth aluminum and rubber engine mount, 9.1oz (270cc) fuel tank, 2ï¾¼" (57mm) red plastic spinner pushrods, linkages, and photo-illustrated instructionsRequires:
Servos: Four standard size (1-throttle, 1-rudder, 1-elevator,
Engine: .46 cu in (7.5cc) engine (*see comments below)
Model airplane fuel
Building and field equipment
Charging Rx and Tx batteries