HPI Baja 5B SS 1/5 Gas Buggy Kit HPI112457
This is the HPI Racing Baja 5B Gas Power Unassembled Kit 1/5 Radio Control Buggy
Currently Out of Stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
More information about HPI Baja 5B SS 1/5 Gas Buggy Kit HPI112457
This is the HPI Baja 5B SS 1/5 Scale 2WD Gas Buggy Kit. The 1/5th scale Baja 5B desert racing buggy has been a huge success since its debut and the self-build Baja 5B SS helped explode large-scale racing into the mainstream because it allows serious RC fans the chance to build and optimize a large-scale buggy from the ground up. Loaded with options that enhance the Baja's speed and power, the 'SS' version allows serious RC hobbyists the chance to add in more aftermarket goodies to make a truly one-of-a-kind Baja 5B.
Now you can get your hands on the new, updated for 2014 Baja 5B SS! This is a FULL OPTION Baja 5B kit that you assemble yourself, and now we've improved its durability even further with Super Heavy Duty options previously unavailable on Baja buggy models!
The Baja SS is an epic member of HPI's range of upgraded ‘Super Sport’ models that feature kit versions of HPI's popular RTR models, with additional option parts added to enhance the enjoyment of your kit. A long list of option parts is included with the SS version of the Baja 5B. As you build the kit, you add in the options that come in the box, extra HPI options, and your own radio gear and electronics - although we include the powerful SFL-10MG large scale metal-gear servo to get you started!
- HPI Baja 5B SS kit
- steering servo
- 2oz (60cc) shock oil
- 1oz (30cc) diff oil
- 1oz (30cc) air filter oil
- Tube of gear grease
- Extra air filter
- Decal sheet
- Illustrated instruction manual
- 3.4oz (100cc) Z191 2-cycle oil
- Radio: 2-3 ch FM or 2.4GHz with standard size servo for throttle (do not use AM radio)
- Receiver Battery: 6V hump configuration, at least 3000mAh
- Battery Charger: Timed or peak for receiver pack
- Unleaded Gasoline: 87-93 octane, mix gasoline and two cycle oil at 25:1 ratio
- Transmitter Batteries: AA, number depends on selected transmitter
- Paint: Spray or brush-on for polycarbonate bodies
- Building and track equipment
Accessories for HPI Baja 5B SS 1/5 Gas Buggy Kit HPI112457
Specifications for HPI Baja 5B SS 1/5 Gas Buggy Kit HPI112457
|Skill Level 5|
Length: 32.2" (817mm)
Front Width: 18.1" (460mm)
Rear Width: 18.9" (480mm)
Height: 10" (255mm) with 1G, 11" (280mm) with 0G
Ride Height: 3" (76mm)
Suspension Travel: Front 3.7" (95mm), Rear 3.9" (100mm)
Weight: 21.3lbs (9.6kg) without fuel
Wheelbase: 22.4" (570mm) wheels on-center front-to-rear
Front Track: 15.5" (395mm)
Rear Track: 15.7" (400mm) outer edges of wheels
Gear Ratio: 8.382:1
Front: 2.4" (60mm) x 6.7" (170mm)
Rear: 3.1" (80mm) x 6.7" (170mm)
Length: 22.9" (581mm)
Width: 8.8" (224mm) at rear wheels (widest point), 3.25" (82mm) ahead of front wheels (thinnest point)
Height: 4.75" (121mm) at highest point
- Chassis: Narrow channel monocoque design 0.16" (4mm) thick, gun-metal gray in color, constructed of aircraft grade 6061 T6 aluminum, side guards protect engine from dirt and debris
- Drive: Rear wheel gear drive with heavy duty dogbones
- Engine: Fuelie 26S gas engine with pull starter, quick release foam air filter, primer, choke and kill switch
- Steering servo: SFL-11MG Servo, metal gear/24.7kg-cm6.0Vg
- Ball Bearings: Full set included
- Shocks: Four VVC heavy duty aluminum shocks with 5 externally adjustable dampening settings and dual rate springs for progressive dampening action on all surfaces, modified rear shock tower brace
- Main Gear: 57 tooth composite construction
- Gearbox: Sealed,
heavy dutymetal gears
- Differential: Viscous Torque Control can be tuned using different weight diff oils, hardened metal planetary gears, aluminum alloy diff case
- Brakes: Ventilated dual disc
- Clutch: 2-shoe, 8000 RPM
- Gas Tank: 25.3oz (750cc)
- Front Tires: HPI Dirt Buster Rib Pattern M compound 2.4" (60mm) wide, 6.7" (170mm) outer diameter
- Rear Tires: HPI Dirt Buster Block Pattern S compound 3.1" (80mm) wide, 6.7" (170mm) outer diameter
- Wheels: Black 5-spoke, nylon 3-piece bead lock, bead is bolted to wheel to hold tire securely in place-no need for tire glue
- Body: Clear pre-cut
- Rear Wing: Molded black plastic with decals applied
- Roll Cage: Baja style high impact nylon protects engine and body from crash damage
- Suspension: Fully adjustable, long travel double wishbone
- Caster: Adjustable, with shims 22 / 25.5* stock / 29 degrees caster/toe-in refers to the angle of the front suspension when viewed from the side of the car in relation to the chassis
- Camber: Adjustable, camber refers to the angle of the tops of the tires from vertical when viewed from front or behind vehicle
Reviews for HPI Baja 5B SS 1/5 Gas Buggy Kit HPI112457
No customer reviews for the moment.
Questions and answers about HPI Baja 5B SS 1/5 Gas Buggy Kit HPI112457
Can the receiver use a lipo. What type.
This is the kit version so to be able to use a lipo it will just depend on what transmitter and receiver you purchased to run in it.
How fast does it go?
Once assembled and the other item purchased and installed this will go around 45 MPH.
first time buying a rc car.
I love this HPI 5BSS kit.
Tell me what else to purchase to get this going after i build it.
List the the things i need please.
I want to purchse everything here. Thanks!
Here are the part numbers of the items we would recommend to complete this kit,
FUTK2021 * 3PMX 2.4GHz FASST Tx/R603FF Rx
DTXP4191 * Duratrax Onyx 110 AC/DC NiCd and NiMH Peak Charger
HPI101937 * HPI Plazma 6.0V 4300mAh Ni-MH Battery Pack 25.8Wh
DTXP4704 * Onyx AA Alkaline Battery (4)
SAVSC1251MG * Savox Low Profile Digital Servo .09/125