Top Flite Spitfire MK IX Gold Edition Kit TOPA0140
This is the nitro power Top Flite Spifire MK unassembled R/C airplane kit, aircraft, plane, jet, airship.
Currently Out of Stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
More information about Top Flite Spitfire MK IX Gold Edition Kit TOPA0140
Top Flite Mark 9 Spitfire Gold Edition version of the famous British warbird. Developed in 1942 to equalize the threat of the German Focke Wulf, the Spitfire MkIX proved to be a key factor in England's air defense. Top Flite has now brought the Spitfire MkIX to life in a stunning R/C kit. By combining the Spitfire's rich combat heritage with Gold Edition assembly ease and authenticity, Top Flite has created a superb reproduction of a vintage aircraft.
Perfectly fitting, CAD-engineered wood parts ease building, with very little carving necessary. A precision-formed ABS cowl, wing fairings and exhaust stacks, along with a clear canopy and many other details, supply impressive scale realism. An elliptical wing with Selig airfoil provides stable, forgiving warbird flight. An extensive hardware package, complete with wire rod-in-tube pushrods, comes with the kit, along with a high-quality, photo-illustrated manual and full-size plans.
Many detailed accessory options are available.Heavy-duty, formed 3/16" wire landing gear is provided, or you can add standard retract gear. The realism extends to authentic retract movement-the gear pulls back at a slight backward angle, true to the full-scale fighter. The wing leading edge comes preshaped-and overall, there's extremely little carving required. The Spitfire's all-balsa exterior provides the ideal surface for easy finishing. Top Flite includes a generous supply of high-quality hardware.
With Top Flite's optional In-Cowl Muffler, you can enhance scale accuracy by concealing your 2-stroke, .61-.75 engine in-cowl. Requires also using Top Flite's Muffler Header for O.S.®, SuperTigre® S-Series or G-Series engines. The scale tailwheel location is only one example of Top Flite's attention to realism. The rudder and elevator surfaces are ribbed-and after covering film is applied, they appear to be authentically fabric-covered. The Spitfire's fuselage is large enough for straightforward radio gear installation-and it still allows plenty of room for the optional scale cockpit kit and retract air tank. The kit's instruction manual explains how to install retracts step-by-step.
This model lets you carry the scale realism as far as you like, with numerous accessories and building options available. For example, the detailed, photo-illustrated instructions explain how to create these operational split flaps. All surface detail typical of the WWII Spitfire MkIX is provided with Top Flite's Gold Edition model-notice, for example, the exhaust stacks along the kit's nicely fitting, precision-formed
Optional Cockpit Kit
An optional, precision-formed scale Cockpit Interior Kit for the Spitfire MkIX is also available. Easy to install, the kit includes seat, instrument panel and many other impressive details-a great addition to your model!
Includes: Die-cut wood pieces, Vacu-formed plastic pieces (wing fairings, canopy, cowling, blisters, Detailed rolled plans and instruction booklet, Engine mount (adjustable), 3/16" wire landing gear (for fixed gear option), Pre-shaped leading edges, Many pre-shaped wood blocks
- 4-6 Channel Radio w/5-7 Servos
- 1-Y-Harness for ailerons
- 1-Servo Extension for Ailerons
- .61-.75 2-stroke or .70-.91 4-stroke engine
- Propeller: Depending on engine selected. Four blade prop should only be used for static display
- 2-3.5" Main Wheels
- 1-1.25" Tailwheel
- Exhaust header
- 2-wheel collars 3/32", 12oz fuel tank, fuel filler valve, 24" medium fuel tubing, ¼" foam rubber, pilot figure, exhaust deflector, prop
- 3.5" spinner, the manual recommends a "Spitfire" type spinner for a more scale appearance. This spinner is no longer available from Top Flite. Any 3.5" diameter spinner can be used.
- 3 plus Rolls Covering with matching Paint
- Building and Finishing Tools
Accessories for Top Flite Spitfire MK IX Gold Edition Kit TOPA0140
Specifications for Top Flite Spitfire MK IX Gold Edition Kit TOPA0140
|Skill Level 5|
Wing area: 687 sq in
Wing loading: 25-28.5oz/sq in
Center of Gravity: 4-1/8" from the leading edge of the wing
Elevator: 5/8" each way
Rudder: 1-1/8" each
Ailerons: 3/4" up 5/8" down
Elevator: 1/2" each way
Rudder: 7/8" each way
Ailerons: 1/2"up 3/8" down
Thrust angle: 0° down 3° right
- State of the art CAD design ensures straight and true assembly
- Authentic tailwheel location
- Ribbed control surfaces (looks real when they are covered)
- Optional retract landing gear, cockpit kit, in-cowl muffer, and split flaps add to the realism
- 4-6 channel operation (throttle, elevator, rudder, ailerons (two servos), optional flaps (two servos) and optional retracts
- Selig 8036 and 8037 airfoils
Reviews for Top Flite Spitfire MK IX Gold Edition Kit TOPA0140
No customer reviews for the moment.