The iconic paint scheme of the classic Grave Digger 1950s-style panel van — a ghoulish blend of black, purple and green — has thrilled fans of the full-scale Monster Jam legend for many years. Axial Racing obtained the license from Feld Motorsports to offer the Grave Digger for the first time as a true-to-scale, 4-wheel drive, straight-axle RC monster truck. The RC Grave Digger rides on the Axial SMT10 tube frame chassis, which was developed for maximum bashing strength and an extremely detailed appearance. High-quality electronics also contribute to the Grave Digger model’s never-say-die performance. Available ready-to-run, the vehicle comes with a 2.4GHz Spektrum radio system and powerful Dynamite motor and ESC. Together with incomparable Axial engineering, they make the 1/10 scale SMT10 Grave Digger the perfect bashing monster truck for everyone from scale RC enthusiasts to full-size monster truck fans. On grass, gravel, pavement and asphalt tracks, it’s ready to make your competition scream!
Monster Jam is the world’s largest and most famous monster truck tour, where world-class drivers compete in racing and freestyle events before capacity crowds. One of its most celebrated attractions is Grave Digger, which thrills monster truck fans with jaw-dropping, gravity-defying feats. For its part, Axial Racing has become synonymous with RC crawler vehicles that inspire endless adventure and creative freedom. Put them together and you have a true-to-scale, 4-wheel drive, straight-axle Monster Jam RC truck that’s the perfect basher for everyone from scale RC enthusiasts to full-size monster truck fans — the Axial SMT10 Grave Digger 1/10 4WD Monster Jam Truck RTR.
Licensed from Feld Motorsports, the genuine Grave Digger ‘50s-era panel van body is as ghoulishly real as it gets, from the trademark graveyard paint scheme and chrome Zoomie headers to the driver figure with glow-in-the-dark helmet. BKT Monster Jam style tires with foam inserts add more scale realism along with impressive grip and handling on a wide range of terrain.
Everything going on beneath the scale body is just as exciting. Axial designers went all out when creating the chassis and roll cage for the SMT10 Grave Digger monster truck. Very similar to those of full-size Monster Jam trucks, the SMT10 tube frame chassis was developed for maximum strength and has an extremely realistic appearance. There are a variety of shock mounting points for suspension tuning options, with additional mounting points on the cage and at the axle for moving the shocks to a more scale, vertical position if desired. Mated to the proven Axial AR60 axle, the 4-link suspension soaks up any obstacles in its path.
The Axial SMT10 Grave Digger 1/10 4WD Monster Jam Truck comes factory-built and ready-to-run with updated, improved electronics and radio gear. The Dynamite 550-size motor provides higher torque and top speed for pulling off radical monster truck moves. It’s matched with a LiPo- and NiMH-compatible Dynamite 60A ESC that features forward/brake/reverse, forward/brake and crawler drive modes.
The included FHSS 2.4GHz radio gear is all high-quality Spektrum brand equipment. The STX2 2-channel transmitter and SRX200 receiver provide fast response and outstanding range. Enjoy precise, interference-free control while striking terror in your bashing competition!
- Bushing Material: Metal
- Wheelbase: 13.9" (353mm)
- Battery Dimensions: L, W, H, 5.45 x 1.81 x 0.98" (138.5 x 46 x 25mm)
- Gear Pitch: 32-Pitch
- Servos: 201 oz./in. high torque metal gear steering servo
- Vehicle Type: Monster Truck
- Wheel Diameter: 2.2" (56mm)
- Speed Control: 60A FWD/BRAKE/REV, FWD/BRAKE/Crawler modes w/EC3 battery connector
- Water-Resistant: Yes
- Suspension: Solid axle 4-link front and rear, rear sway bar
- Differential: Bevel gear
- Length: 19" (483mm)
- Motor Type: Brushed
- Tire Tread: BKT Monster Jam Replica
- Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
- Pinion: 14T
- Radio: 2.4GHz FHSS STX2 2-ch TX, SRX200 2-ch RX
- Weight: 6.4 lbs. (2.90kg) without battery, 7.1 lbs. (3.22kg) with 2S LiPo battery
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
- Width: 13.2" (335mm)
- Wheel Hex Size: 12mm Hex
- Wheel Type: 2.2" (56mm) monster truck
- Ball Bearings: Complete set
- Shock Type: Aluminum body, oil-filled, coil over
- Charger: Sold separately
- Drivetrain: 4WD Shaft Drive
- Motor Size: 550
- Chassis: Composite molded tube
- Height: 10.6" (270mm)
- Wheel Width: 2.95" (142mm)
- Body: Grave Digger, .040" (1mm) thick, scale interior with driver figure and glow in the dark helmet set
- Brakes: Integral with ESC
- Tire Diameter: 5.6" (142mm)
- Ground Clearance: 2.9" (74mm)
- Size/Scale: 1/10
- Batteries: 2S LiPo sold separately
- Spur Gear: 56T
- 2S LiPo Battery Pack with IC3 connector
- Battery Charger
- (4) AA batteries for the transmitter
- (1) Axial SMT10 Grave Digger 4WD Ready-to-Run
- (1) Spektrum STX2 2.4GHz Transmitter
- (1) Spektrum SRX200 Receiver
- (1) Spektrum S614 Servo
- (1) Dynamite DYNS1222 12-Turn 550 Brushed Motor
- (1) Dynamite DYNS2210 60A FWD/REV Brushed ESC
MORE POWER! 550 SIZED 12-TURN MOTOR
Among the updates Axial designers have given this Grave Digger truck is a more powerful Dynamite 550-size 12-turn brushed motor. It provides increased torque and top speed to help you pull off radical monster truck moves.
DYNAMITE 60A FWD/REV BRUSHED ESC, WATERPROOF
This waterproof, brushed ESC is NiMH/LiPo compatible and offers forward/brake/reverse, forward/brake and crawler drive modes.
- Waterproof for all weather operation
- 2S Li-Po down to 12T
- Program functions changed with the use of jumper pins
AX10 TRANSMISSION, ALL METAL INTERNAL GEARS
Updated Dual Pad slipper system with 32 Pitch gearing. New slipper design uses a pad on each side of the spur gear for added surface area. More precise tuning and holding power. Stronger 32P gearing for high torque applications. 56T Spur / 14T Pinion RTR gearing for 2S.
- All metal internal transmission gears
- Metal motor plate
- 32P gearing
- Heavy duty slipper
- Sealed gear cover
ICONIC GRAVE DIGGER BODY
Genuine Grave Digger body, licensed by Feld Motorsports. This is a real as it gets!
- .040 polycarbonate replica of the classic Grave Digger 1950 panel van
- .040 scale interior with driver figure
- Chrome Zoomie style headers
SMT10 TUBE FRAME CHASSIS
Axial went all out when designing the chassis and roll cage for the SMT10 Grave Digger Monster Jam Truck. Very similar to the modern era full size monster trucks, this chassis was developed for maximum strength and an extremely detailed appearance. The chassis offers many pivot points for suspension tuning. Scale realism and strength are achieved through triangulation of the chassis tubes, making it ready for maximum attack and hard core Monster Truck bashing.
BKT MONSTER JAM TIRES
BKT is the official and exclusive tire manufacturer of Monster Jam and its fleet of monster trucks. Their special BKT Monster Jam Tire is purpose-built for the rigors of Monster Jam Truck racing and freestyle competition — just as these 1/10 scale BKT tires provide scale realism and maximum performance for your Axial Monster Jam truck. Foam inserts included.
2.2 MONSTER TRUCK WHEELS
The 2.2 monster truck wheels are molded from high-quality nylon and secured with a solid 12mm hex mount. Breather holes improve handling by allowing air to escape and minimizing the bounce when tires impact the ground.
- 2.2 Monster Truck Wheels (silver)
- Molded from a blend of high quality nylon materials for strength and durability
- Solid 12mm hex mount
AR60 OCP-Axle - The AR60 OCP-Axle is constructed from high strength composite material which has a low flex rate but is not as brittle as standard glass filled nylon. The combination of our axles and a true 4-link suspension gives you optimal performance for any terrain with the look of a real 1:1 vehicle.
- Axle tubes are reinforced with a boxed-in axle truss
- High strength composite material
- Updated steering knuckles for dual shear
TRAILING ARM 4-LINKED REAR SUSPENSION
The SMT10 features the proven AR60 axle with a trailing arm 4-linked rear suspension and additional shock mounting positions.
HYDRAULIC RAM STYLE STEERING LINKS
Axial engineers designed a heavy-duty tie rod, drag link, and simulated scale hydraulic ram steering link to keep the massive BKT tires pointed in the right direction so you stay on course.
WB8 HD DRIVESHAFTS
The Grave Digger truck’s WB8 HD driveshafts feature an updated design with a larger diameter crosspin (2x11mm) for extra strength. Material added on the center splined slider reduces flex and fatigue.
REAR SWAY BAR
The rear sway bar helps to keep torque twist and body lean to a minimum during acceleration. The SMT10 chassis design allows you to add an optional sway bar to the front if desired.
MULTIPLE SHOCK MOUNTING POSITIONS
We've included a variety of shock mounting points for additional suspension tuning options. There’s also additional mounting points on the cage and at the axle for moving your shocks to a more scale, vertical position if desired.
EASY-ACCESS BATTERY TRAY
The battery tray is easy to access from the rear of the vehicle. To install your battery, remove one pin, swing out the tray door and slide in the battery pack. Four screws adjust the height of the tray, allowing room for most standard 2S batteries.
WATERPROOF RECEIVER BOX
The waterproof receiver box uses three different silicone seals: one for the antenna, one for the servo wires (includes three slots for three channels), and one that acts as a gasket for the receiver box cover. Run without worry in mud, water or snow.
SPEKTRUM STX2 FHSS 2.4GHz 2-CHANNEL TRANSMITTER
- Extended range and interference-free performance
- Throttle and steering reversing
- Built-in 3-position throttle limiter
SPEKTRUM SRX200 FHSS 2.4GHz 2-CHANNEL RECEIVER
- Conformal-coated for protection against the elements
- Extra-long antenna lead for easy and effective placement
- Waterproof receiver box with silicone seals for the antenna, servo wires and cover
SPEKTRUM S614 SERVO
The Spektrum S614 metal geared servo offers 201 oz.-in. of steering torque, a metal case for strength, and it’s waterproof for extra protection against the elements.
GLOW IN THE DARK
Glow in the dark helmet set included!
This product was added to our catalog on January 10, 2020
However, after I got the parts and started fixing it, the entire set is a really bad design. So I upgraded it to all steel. :) Works great now. Food for thought, upgrade the front steering column first thing. It will help you out in the long run.