This is the Pro-Line Crosshair Magnetic On-Road Body Mounting Kit.
Have you ever painted up a killer race body, only to completely botch the mounting job by aligning it crooked, off-center, or too far forward or back on your chassis?
Well, then Pro-Line has the tool for you! The Crosshair Body Mounting Kit uses high-powered magnets which pinpoint the perfect position of the body posts. This simple, yet effective, system was designed to make sure your race body is mounted just the way you planned.
How the Crosshair Body Mounting Kit works:
1. Place a Crosshair Body Post Cap on each of your chassis’ 4 body posts; securing them in place with a body clip. (Not included – sold separately)
2. Put your painted body on top of the posts, centering from left to right as well as determining the fore/aft position, which will affect handling characteristics. (the standard position would be to center the front wheel opening trim line to the front axle of your chassis)
3. Hold a Marking Magnet on the outside of your body, close to where the body posts are. The magnet will attach itself to the precise position.
4. Mark your body post position through the hole on the Marking Magnet with a fine-tip marker.
5. Drill your body post holes on the marked locations with a body reamer or power drill
Voila! All of the guesswork and hassle of mounting your body is taken out of the equation. To finish off the perfectly trimmed body, combine the Pro-Line Crosshair with the Better Edge System: Sanding Drum and Sanding Block! Now you can really hit the track in style.
Four Pro-Line Crosshair Body Post Caps, four Marking Magnets, and a Storage Box