The Bowhouse RC Clod Buster SVT Quick Change Axle Retainer offers simplified maintenance of your Tamiya Clod Buster axles. Instead of disassembling the entire transmission to access the mounting screw heads inside the transmission, these retainers use mounting screws inserted from outside the transmission, threaded into durable aluminum. So now you can easily remove the axle tubes for quick and easy servicing of the axle components and securely reinstall them without having to take apart the entire transmission.
- Press fit one SVT Retainer inside each side of the transmission housing. The side of the retainer with 4 tabs should face the housing, and the retainer should be oriented so the screw hole that has clearance grooves on either side is in the top position (12 o'clock). The transmission gear will only seat correctly with the retainer installed with the grooves orientated in this direction.
- Use 2x M3x12mm screws inserted from the outside of the housing to tighten the SVT Retainers into place and then remove the screws. The retainers should sit flat against the inside of the transmission housing when fully seated.
- Install axle tubes onto the transmission housing using the M3x12mm cap head screws and thread lock. Use washers on the top "12 o'clock" screw on each side of the axle to prevent the end of the top screws from rubbing the gears inside the transmission. Tightening these screws is best accomplished with a ball end 2.5mm driver. See pictures for reference.
- (2) SVT Retainers (enough for both sides of 1 axle)
- (8) M3x12mm cap head screws
- (2) M3 washers
This product was added to our catalog on January 17, 2022