The Bowhouse Element IFS Aluminum Servo Mounting Plate is an optional upgrade that is significantly stiffer than the stock plastic part, allowing you to maximize servo performance. Plus, the design of the plate mounts the servo from the top, making it much easier to service or swap the steering servo. The mounting plate also includes mounting holes to fit both a standard sized servo winch, as well as a micro servo winch.
Installation: The BowHouse RC CNC machined aluminum servo mounting plate is a direct replacement for the stock mounting plate. You will reuse all of the stock mounting hardware EXCEPT you will use the included 4x M3x12mm flat head screws to attach the shock towers to the chassis instead of the stock M3x14mm screws. Since this is a direct replacement of the stock part, your Element instruction manual is a helpful resource to use during the installation for further assistance.
- Start by removing all 4 screws securing the stock mounting plate to the chassis through the shock towers. You will NOT reuse these 4 screws.
- Remove the 2 M3x6 flat head screws securing the bell cranks to the stock mounting plate and save these screws.
- Remove the 4 screws that secure the gearbox risers to the mount and save these screws.
- Remove the screws securing the front skid to the front bumper mount and save these screws.
- On one side of the chassis, remove the 2 screws securing the front bumper mount to the chassis and the 2 screws securing the battery tray to the chassis.
- Remove the steering servo from the stock mounting plate and save the servo mount screws. Note: if you do not have a ball-tipped hex wrench, you may need to detach the rear skid plate from the gearbox mount to access the servo mount screws from underneath. You can reattach the rear skid as soon as you have removed the steering servo from the stock mounting plate.
- Pull apart the chassis rails to remove the stock mounting plate and insert the BowHouse RC plate. Make sure that the steering servo ears rest on top of the BowHouse RC plate. If you are planning to install a servo winch, Bowhouse recommends installing the winch before installing the BowHouse mounting plate in the chassis.
- Reattach the bell cranks to the BowHouse RC plate using the original M3x6mm flat head screws with thread lock. Make sure that the steering posts are aligned with the hex pockets on the underside of the BowHouse RC plate.
- Attach the steering servo to the BowHouse RC plate from above using the stock servo mount screws with thread lock.
- Reattach the gearbox risers to the BowHouse RC plate using the stock screws.
- Reattach the shock towers using the included 4x M3x12mm flat head screws with thread lock.
- Reattach the stock bumper mount, battery tray and front skid using the stock hardware.
- (1) CNC machined aluminum servo mounting plate
- 4x M3x12mm flat head screws
This product was added to our catalog on February 16, 2022