You asked, and Castle listened! For more than a decade, Castle Creations has been providing award winning brushless sensorless motors to RC enthusiasts worldwide. In response to overwhelming requests from their customers, they have brought technological advancements together that will deliver unprecedented performance in their new sensored motor line. The latest additions are the 1406 series in a Slate color, in 1900kV, 2280kV, 2850kV, and 3800kV. These motors are Rock Ready and Castle has the startup on low RPMs under control. Now you're covered if your looking for ultimate control while out on the trails or on your Ultra 4 track days.
Why sensored? Drivers in all applications demand clean starts when coming off the line. Crawler fans require high-precision low-speed control and torque for climbing, racers need precision and predictability, and dragsters don’t have a millisecond to spare. To achieve all of these performance demands and more, Castle has integrated rotor position sensor technology with their improved high-power and high-efficiency motor design. Through the use of sensors, the position of the rotor is always known by the ESC. This eliminates the possibility of encountering cogging or inconsistency during startup. Users will experience precise throttle control and buttery smooth starts plus the raw power and longer run times that Castles highly efficient motors produce.
- Castles improved 4-pole 12-slot design boasts exceptional efficiency and produces less heat
- QUIETSENSE technology shields the sensors from magnetic field noise generated from the motor coils and keeps your motor and ESC in sync at all times. Use of a Flux Shield in conjunction with secondary Sense Magnets delivers even higher precision and more efficient startups
- Castles optimized design eliminates the need for mechanical timing adjustments. Our sensor alignment method delivers uniform timing and torque in both directions, automatically
- Rebuildable design allows users to replace front end bell/bearing assembly or rotor/shaft assembly
- ROAR standard sensor port and labeled connections
- Updated modern and sleek design; looks as cool as it performs
Input Voltage Range: 3S-4S LiPo
Max. RPM: 100,000
Weight (with wires): 197 g / 6.9oz
Shaft Length: 15mm
Shaft Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm)
Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors attached to replaceable 13 gauge wire; includes 210mm length sensored wire.
Recommended ESC(s): Mamba Max Pro, Mamba X, Mamba Micro X
Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 8lbs when used for low speed/moderate driving style like rock crawling and trail running; 5lbs for more racing and aggressive driving styles.
This product was added to our catalog on May 4, 2017