The Castle Creations Mamba Micro X2 Crawler Waterproof Sensored Combo with 1406-2280Kv motor is a refresh of the popular Mamba Micro X. The Mamba Micro X2 Crawler ESC increases the maximum input voltage to 4s, with added DATA LOGGING and CRYO-DRIVE TECHNOLOGY that allows the ESC to run cooler and more efficiently at partial throttle. Like its predecessor, it is waterproof* and offers SENSORED MOTOR SUPPORT.
This ESC and motor combo is ideal for the weight conscious builder or where space is limited, used in low speed crawling or trail running in vehicles weighing less than 8lbs on 2s or 3s. It can also be used in more aggressive setups in lighter 1:10 scale touring cars, stadium trucks or buggies weighing up to 5lbs.
If you're looking for a more aggressive setup in a heavier rig, like rock racing and extended hill climbing, Castle recommends you run the Mamba X ESC. Like its predecessor it includes improved features for rock crawling, including active drag brake and drag brake ramp.
NOTE: The Mamba Micro X2 will no longer include an internal BEC unit. Included with the Micro X2 ESC will be an upgraded external 10-Amp adjustable BEC (CSE010-0004-00). This external BEC upgrade will be supplied at no additional charge.
- Input Voltage range 2S-4S with included motor
- Upgraded external 10-Amp adjustable BEC included (CSE010-0004-00)
- Waterproof design
- Sensored Motor capable
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings
- Additional settings and software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (coupon included with purchase) or the Castle Link App for Android or iOS and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately)
- Telemetry Ready (Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX, T7PX and T7PXR transmitters)
- Auxiliary Wire Functionality allows for “on-the-fly” adjustments such as Max Power and Max Brake
- Audible Alerts that will notify you of possible issues with calibrations and error conditions
- Designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas and is backed by manufacturer 1-year warranty
- Input Voltage Range: 2S-4S LiPo (16.8V Max)
- BEC: External 10-Amp adjustable BEC (CSE010-0004-00)
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled
- On/Off Switch: Yes, waterproof
- Cooling Fan: Not included
- Size (L x W x H): 41.6 mm x 29.4 mm x 21.3 mm (1.64" x 1.16" x .84")
- Weight (with wires): 1.66 oz / 47 grams
- Connectors: 4.0mm bullets
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 1:14 scale RC hobby vehicles weighing up to 3.0lbs and 1/10 scale low speed crawler vehicles up to 9lbs.
- Programmability: Additional settings and software updates available via Windows®-based Castle Link software and USB adapter (coupon included with purchase) or the Castle Link App for Android or iOS and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately)
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes, with Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and Futaba T4PX and T7PX Transmitters.
- Input Voltage Range: 2S-4S LiPo
- Kv: 2280
- Max. RPM: 100,000
- Can Length: 49.5mm
- Can Diameter: 36mm
- Weight (w/wires): 197 g / 6.9oz
- Shaft Length: 15mm
- Shaft Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm)
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
- Cooling Fan: Optional - Coming Soon
- Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors attached to replaceable 13 gauge wire; includes 210mm length sensored wire.
- Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:10 scale low speed rock crawlers/trail runners on 3S-4S weighing less than 8lbs. Can also be used in more aggressive setups in lighter 1:10 scale touring cars, stadium trucks or buggies weighing up to 5lbs.
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 8lbs when used for low speed/moderate driving style like rock crawling and trail running; 5lbs for more racing and aggressive driving styles.
- Applying voltages higher than 16.8 volts will cause irreparable damage to your controller, voiding your warranty.
- Minimum recommended battery capacity for 1:18 scale vehicles is 1500mAh. Castle recommends using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
- Mamba Micro X Crawler has 4.0mm bullet connectors on the motor wires and the battery input wires are bare. You must add the connector of your choice to the battery leads. Castle recommends a high current connector rated for at least 40 amps.
- Although the Mamba Micro X2 is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. They can corrode when exposed to corrosive materials, such as salt water. Always rinse the ESC with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the controller may be waterproof, Castle suggests users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
- Mamba Micro X2 ESC with 4mm Connectors
- 1406-2280Kv Sensored Motor
- Sensor Harness
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB adapter
- Driver's Ed and Quick Start Guide
- External 10-Amp adjustable BEC (CSE010-0004-00)
- Castle Decals
- Battery Connector: Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Deans Ultra Plugs and XT60 are recommended.
This product was added to our catalog on March 28, 2022