This is a telemetry link for Futaba S.BUS2 by Castle Creations. Maybe you want to know the voltage of your onboard battery(s), the RPM the motor is turning or the temperature of your ESC. In this day and age R/C is not just one way communication anymore. Traditional radio systems just transmit signals to the receiver, but Telemetry-capable systems also send real-time data from your model back to your transmitter. The S.BUS2 Telemetry Link was developed based on communication protocol disclosed from Futaba for use with specific Futaba S.BUS2 radios and compatible Castle Creations ESCs. Telemetry data can be displayed on the transmitter screen, or notify you when a defined threshold is exceeded, (battery voltage, ESC temperature, etc.) you can configure a vibration or sound alert from the radio.
Telemetry has the potential not only to improve the safety of our models by monitoring battery voltages, ESC temperature, and other critical parameters, but it also creates other opportunities to get even more fun out of flying because it reduces the risk of “unknown” inevitable crashes. Think of the benefits to be had from alarms that will sound to warn you if your ESC is running hot or if your receiver battery is running unexpectedly low.
Let’s face it, your time and your energy should be devoted to enjoying your craft. Telemetry adds a whole new aspect to the RC pilot or driver that, when set-up and utilized properly, can take a lot of work load away and add to the overall satisfaction and safe operation of model airplanes, helicopters and cars.
- Battery Voltage: You will be able to see the voltage state of your battery during flight and respond appropriately to deteriorating conditions or alarms you’ve programmed in your radio.
- Battery Current: Compatible controllers will transmit the instantaneous current draw of the system. You can use this information to reduce the load to prevent an over-current shutdown.
- Motor Power Output: This is the percentage of full power your ESC is delivering to your motor.
- RPM: Ensure you are within acceptable parameters, without the use of a tachometer.
- BEC Voltage: Monitor your BEC voltage and its stability to the RX even under different loads from different servos.
- ESC Temperature: ESC temperature monitoring can eliminate a potential thermal shut down.
- Battery Ripple: Just how hard are the capacitors, FETS, and internal components working with your set up, excessive ripple can cause internal heating of batteries. Excessive heat is harmful to the components and it can ultimately kill the controller.
- Circuit board: 1.0 in. (25.4mm) x 0.44 in. (11mm)
- Overall dimensions: 5.25" (133mm) x 0.44" (11mm) including wires
- Weight: 0.192 oz. (5.44g) without wires
Notes: The Telemetry Link will not work if the ESC is programmed for Multirotor or External Governor Mode due to the higher PWM frequency. The maximum RPM is limited to 100,000 electrical RPM (Calculated by multiplying mechanical RPM by half of the magnetic poles). The Telemetry Link cannot be used in conjunction with the B-Link Bluetooth adapter.
This product was added to our catalog on August 31, 2017