The E-flite Timber X 1.2m unleashes a new era of STOL plus 3D aerobatic capability. Based on the extremely popular Timber 1.5m model but featuring a new wing design, oversized control surfaces plus a 3S and 4S compatible power system, it offers an even wider flight envelope to deliver a truly “mild to wild” experience. Hollow-core EPO construction with composite reinforcement results in a lightweight yet strong airframe that's capable of handling extreme aerobatic maneuvers while keeping the wing loading low for impressive Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) and slow flight performance. It's also equipped with high-torque, metal-geared servos plus the shock-absorbing landing gear of the original model so you can fly as aggressively as you want from almost any surface. You can even install the included leading edge slats for improved slow flight performance, or the optional floats (EFL5261, sold separately) so you can fly from water. Add in the LED landing, navigation and strobe lights plus many of the other popular features of the original, and the Timber X is a model almost every pilot can appreciate and enjoy!
- Full-range, 5+ channel transmitter and receiver
- 2200–3200mAh 3–4S LiPo flight battery (EFLB22003S30 or EFLB22004S30 recommended)
- Compatible LiPo charger
- E-flite Timber X 1.2m with
- 50A Brushless ESC
- Brushless Outrunner Motor
- Six High-Torque, Metal-Geared Servos
- Set of Optional-Use Leading Edge Slats
- Product Manual
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 50-amp ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or eXtra power and vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Composite-reinforced, hollow-core construction with EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. The Timber X 1.2m is also equipped with high-torque, metal-geared servos plus the shock-absorbing landing gear and oversized tundra-style wheels of the original model so you can fly aggressively from almost any surface.
STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) Capable
The new wing design has a shorter span yet almost as much wing area as the original, plus it features drooped wingtips and can be equipped with the included optional-use leading edge slats for improved slow flight and STOL performance. These features, along with the lightweight design, oversized flaps and high-power brushless motor make it possible to spring into the air or float down to land in as little as two feet or less.
Like the original, the Timber X 1.2m comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation, and strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery.
Owners of an original Timber 1.5m model can use the float set it came with on the Timber X 1.2m, or the EDO-style float set is available separately and includes the required mounting struts plus a dual-rudder steering system for excellent handling and easy takeoffs and landings on water.
- Incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) plus 3D capabilities
- Enlarged and oversized control surfaces with double-beveled hinge lines
- Six durable and factory-installed high-torque, metal-geared servos
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible brushless outrunner motor and 50-amp ESC
- Shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized tundra-style wheels
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced, hollow-core EPO construction
- Optional-use leading edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Optional EDO-style floats (EFL5261, sold separately)
Wingspan: 47.5 in (1200 mm)
Overall Length: 41.5 in (1055 mm)
Wing Area: 527.3 sq in (34.0 sq dm)
Flying Weight: 57-60 oz (1613-1698g)
Motor Size: Brushless Outrunner 10 1300Kv
Prop Size: 12 x 4
Experience Level: Intermediate
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Is Assembly Required: Yes
This product was added to our catalog on January 28, 2019