This is the E-Flite Power 15 Brushless Outrunner Motor 950Kv.
- Equivalent to a 15-size glow engine for sport and scale airplanes weighing 36–56 oz (1020–1590 g)
- Ideal for 3D airplanes weighing 32–40 oz (910–1135 g)
- Ideal for models requiring up to 575 watts of power
- High-torque, direct-drive alternative to inrunner brushless motors
- Includes mount, prop adapters and mounting hardware
- External rotor design—5mm shaft can easily be reversed for alternative motor installations
- Slotted 14-pole outrunner design
- High-quality construction with ball bearings and hardened steel shaft
- Quiet, lightweight operation
You Will Need:
- 40A–45A brushless ESC
- 8-to 12-cells Ni-MH/Ni-Cd or 3–4S Li-Po
- 10x6 to 13x6.5 electric prop
Type: Brushless outrunner motor
Bearings or Bushings: One 5 x 14 x 5mm Bearing, and One 5 x 11 x 5mm Bearings
Wire Gauge: 16
Recommended Prop Range: 10x6—13x6.5
RPM/Volt (Kv): 950
Resistance (Ri): .03 ohms
Idle Current (Io): 2.00A @10V
Continuous Current: 34A
Maximum Burst Current: 42A (15 sec)
Cells: 8—12 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd or 3-4S Li-Po
Speed Control: 40—45A brushless
Weight: 152 g (5.4 oz)
Overall Diameter: 35mm (1.40 in)
Shaft Diameter: 5mm (.20 in)
Overall Length: 50mm (1.90 in)
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 220 degrees Fahrenheit
- Adequate cooling is required for all motor operation at maximum current levels.
- Maximum Burst Current duration is 15 seconds. Adequate time between maximum burst intervals is required for proper cooling and to avoid overheating the motor.
- Maximum Burst Current rating is for 3D and limited motor run flights.
- Lack of proper throttle management may result in damage to the motor since excessive use of burst current may overheat the motor.
This product is expected to become available for purchase on Thursday, October 13, 2022