This is the FMS A-10 V2 70mm EDF PNP. In 2017, FMS announced its flagship aircraft- the A-10 Thunderbolt II. Known for its impeccable scale features and awesome performance, the “Warthog” is truly a favorite amongst pilots and spectators alike. To make the best even better, FMS has dedicated significant engineering effort in building upon the first generation A-10, making evolutionary design and performance improvements to create the A-10 V2.
Retaining features such as the screw-together airframe, ball-linked control surfaces and high strength spar system, the A-10 V2 comes together just as easily its predecessor. Scale details remain impeccable - realistic rivets, panel lines, removable bombs and rockets and realistic absorbing CNC landing gear, just to name a few.
Built upon these great features, the A-10 V2 receives ten major structural, electronic and scale improvements:
- Improved ESC: The dual 70A ESCs are uprated to dual Hobbywing 80A ESCs, with an external 8A BEC for bulletproof performance.
- Upgraded servos: Elevator and Rudder servos have been upgraded to 23g metal geared servos from the original 17g metal geared units- meaning more torque for the control surfaces giving even better performance.
- Precision landing gear design: The nose landing gear has been redesigned to minimize play- ensuring the assembly tracks straight and true even at high speeds.
- Improved connectors: ‘soft’ connector design significantly increases the reliability of the wing quick release system.
- Increased elevator travel: giving pilots more precision and control authority
- Improved tires: an improved, more durable compound extends the service life of the landing gear wheels, even in rough field operations.
- Robust canopy latch: extended pin on the canopy latch reduces the possibility of an accidental canopy release in flight.
- Enlarged battery bay: now fits two 6S 3300mAh Lipos, for significantly increased flight times!
- New trim scheme: even more attractive trim than the original!
- New scale pilot
- 6+ Channel Radio Transmitter and Receiver
- 6+ Cell 5000mAh 45C LiPo Battery (2x 3300 mAh for Maximum Flight Time)
- Appropriate Balancing LiPo Charger
- A-10 Thunderbolt II V2 70mm EDF Jet with:
- (4) 23g Digital Metal Servos (installed)
- (5) 9g Analog Metal Servos (installed)
- (2) Hobbywing 80A ESCs (installed)
- (2) 70mm Inrunner 12-Bladed EDFs (installed)
- Product Manual
- Dual 70mm inrunner 12-bladed EDFs and Hobbywing 80A ESCs provide ample thrust.
- Highly realistic scale features: Rivets, panel lines, CNC shock absorbing landing gears, removable bombs and rocket pods, scale pilot figure etc.
- Ultra bright LED light system
- Electronic retracts with over current protection
- Large diameter bearings in the landing gear allow the A-10 V2 to roll smoothly over rough terrain
- Preinstalled ball-linked control horns for accurate and precise movements.
Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
Approximate Flight Time: 4 minutes with recommended single battery, 6 minutes with dual batteries
CG (Center of Gravity): 80-85mm (From Leading Edge)
Completion Level: Plug-N-Play
Fan Size: 70mm EDF, Inner running Brushless 2860 1850Kv 2 (installed)
Flying Weight: ~4100g, 2001-25000g
Length: 53.9in (1368mm)
Minimum Required Radio: 6+ Channel Radio System (sold separately)
Minimum Speed Control: 80A x 2 (installed)
Recommended Motor Battery: 22.2V 6 Cell 5000mAh 45C LiPo (sold separately), supports up to 2 x 6-Cell 3300mAh LiPos
Servos: 23g metal digital Servo x 4, 9g metal digital Servo x 5 (installed)
Wing Area: 36.2 sq.dm (561 sq.in)
Wing Loading: 113.2g/sq. dm (0.26oz/sq. in)
Wingspan: 59.1in (1500mm)