JConcepts Ellipse Short Course Tires are named after the center bar built into the tread. The “Web” style tire was built to compete on smooth high-grip indoor and outdoor surfaces which require a finely detailed connected bar pattern. The center section of the tire is a home run utilizing a diamond “home plate” footprint to provide massive surface area for better footprint and increased longevity. The web of extensions are unique and have a directional touch giving the racer the ultimate tune-ability.
Jason Ruona explains, “The Ellipse front tire has a slightly rounder carcass, it allows the driver to attack high-speed sections with more comfort and smooths the steering of an SCT truck. The “home plate” and connected web of tread has a large footprint and 1000’s of edges to produce a traction connection. Connected tread wears together which is useful when racing indoors where a racer requires surface area to produce grip.”
The Ellipse tires are available in a selection of compounds such as green, aqua and the ROAR National Champion, silver compound. As a rule of thumb, green compound is conditioned to perform outdoors while aqua and silver remain the favorites indoors. Included in each package, the Dirt-Tech closed cell inserts known for their durable nature and gray color complete the race tuned package.
- Designed in conjunction with World Champions Ryan Maifield and Spencer Rivkin
- Ellipse center-bar control and support
- Diamond “home plate” design with extension webs
- 3.0 x 2.2” SCT bead mounting size for compatibility
- Available in multiple compounds
- Includes Dirt-Tech Closed cell foam inserts
JConcepts Tire Compound Applications:
- Silver (Super Soft Indoor): Similar to gold, but softer. Breaks in faster, recommended on freshly groomed tracks or when a faster break in is needed.
- Green (Super Soft): For conditions with minimum traction. Works well on slippery, wet tracks.
- Aqua: For ultra dry, dusty groove conditions. Suited to hot weather and abrasive tracks.
This product was added to our catalog on April 22, 2021