This is the Kadee 9/32" Center HO #58 Magne-Matic Scale Coupler Set. While the #5 was revolutionary, Kadee took the #5 coupler set and shrank the size of the head and knuckle to create a coupler that's even more prototypical. These industry leading couplers feature an all metal construction and standard centering springs. This can be the perfect upgrade for weak and drooping couplers that come on most factory stock locomotives. #58 couplers are manufactured right here in the USA to the strictest tolerances to ensure a reliable operation for decades.
Magne-Matic: Kadee Magne-Matic Couplers and Uncouplers are a complete system for your model railroad layout. Kadee designed every product to work harmoniously with the Magne-Matic system so that you can focus on enjoying your hobby instead of troubleshooting issues. Magne-Matic technology ensures smooth and reliable hands-free coupling and uncoupling anywhere.
- The #58 is interchangeable with the #5, #28, #118, #119, #148, #158, and most manufacturer's Medium Centerset OEM knuckle couplers
- It is not recommended to use a metal coupler directly on a metal surface or in a metal draft gearbox to avoid possible electrical crossover and shorting that may cause damage. For insulated couplers use the #28 coupler
- Refer to the helpful Coupler Conversion Charts in resources to determine the appropriate coupler to use on your model
- Material: Metal
- Shank Length: Medium (9/32") (center hole to back of coupler head)
- Coupler Offset: Centerset
- Centering System: Standard Shank
- Head: Standard Head
- (25) Pair #58 Scale Metal Couplers
- (25) Pair #634 Centering Spring #5 Style
- (10) Spare #625 Knuckle Springs
This product was added to our catalog on March 29, 2023