The Mission Models Acrylic Lexan Body Paint is an extremely versatile paint, being able to be used on both clear Lexan bodies and resin or plastic models. Mission paints are triple-pigmented for maximum opacity, meaning they will not fade over time. Being water-based, cleanup is as easy as mixing the paint! Rinse the airbrush first with water, and follow up with thinner.
The RC line of Mission paints can be sprayed straight out of the bottle, however, it can also be reduced using Mission Thinner/Reducer (MIOMMA-002 or MIOMMA-003) at a ratio of 10% thinner to paint (1 drop thinner to 10 drops of paint). If a smoother, more durable finish is desired, combine the paint with Mission Poly Intermix (MIOMMA-002) at a ratio of 10% intermix to paint (1 drop intermix to 10 drops of paint). Once mixed, these paints are best sprayed 2-3" away from the surface at 10-15psi.
- Water based acrylic paint
- Perfect for Lexan, resin and plastic materials
- Triple-Pigmented formula will not fade over time and allows for maximum opacity
- Can be combined with Mission Polyurethane for a smoother and more durable finish
- The paint may look a bit thicker than what you might expect. This is normal and as it dries it will not hide any detail.
- Do not mix this paint 1:1 (50/50). Over-reducing the paint will cause the paint to fail and will result in runs or adhesion issues.
- Depending on your location and temperature you may have to adjust the ratios of reducer and intermix.
- It is always recommended to start with a scrap piece to check the mixture before painting.
This product was added to our catalog on April 13, 2017