More information about E-Flite Power 15 Outrunner Motor Brushless 950Kv EFLM4015A
This is the E-Flite Power 15 Brushless Outrunner Motor 950Kv.
- Equivalent to a 15-size glow engine for sport and scale airplanes weighing 36–56 oz (1020–1590 g)
- Ideal for 3D airplanes weighing 32–40 oz (910–1135 g)
- Ideal for models requiring up to 575 watts of power
- High-torque, direct-drive alternative to inrunner brushless motors
- Includes mount, prop adapters and mounting hardware
- External rotor design—5mm shaft can easily be reversed for alternative motor installations
- Slotted 14-pole outrunner design
- High-quality construction with ball bearings and hardened steel shaft
- Quiet, lightweight operation
You Will Need:
- 40A–45A brushless ESC
- 8-to 12-cells Ni-MH/Ni-Cd or 3–4S Li-Po
- 10x6 to 13x6.5 electric prop
Type: Brushless outrunner motor
Bearings or Bushings: One 5 x 14 x 5mm Bearing, and One 5 x 11 x 5mm Bearings
Wire Gauge: 16
Recommended Prop Range: 10x6—13x6.5
RPM/Volt (Kv): 950
Resistance (Ri): .03 ohms
Idle Current (Io): 2.00A @10V
Continuous Current: 34A
Maximum Burst Current: 42A (15 sec)
Cells: 8—12 Ni-MH/Ni-Cd or 3-4S Li-Po
Speed Control: 40—45A brushless
Weight: 152 g (5.4 oz)
Overall Diameter: 35mm (1.40 in)
Shaft Diameter: 5mm (.20 in)
Overall Length: 50mm (1.90 in)
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 220 degrees Fahrenheit
- Adequate cooling is required for all motor operation at maximum current levels.
- Maximum Burst Current duration is 15 seconds. Adequate time between maximum burst intervals is required for proper cooling and to avoid overheating the motor.
- Maximum Burst Current rating is for 3D and limited motor run flights.
- Lack of proper throttle management may result in damage to the motor since excessive use of burst current may overheat the motor.