More information about Traxxas VXL-3m Waterproof Electronic Speed Control TRA3375
Traxxas Velineon® VXL-3m forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy, built-in profiles and intuitive programming. The VXL-3m uses advanced circuit design that allows sensorless brushless motors to operate with the smoothness and precision of the best brushed systems. It sets up, operates, and programs just like the Traxxas XL-5 family of ESCs so there's no tricky new procedures to learn. Traxxas' exclusive patent-pending Training Mode is also included to limit full throttle to 50% for young or inexperienced drivers. For the most advanced users, the VXL-3m is equipped with two-stage low voltage detection to allow LiPo battery use, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs!
The VXL-3m ESC is equipped with the Traxxas high-current connectors for restriction-free current flow.
Velineon VXL-3m Features
- Traxxas High-Current Connector maintains pure, unrestricted power flow from the battery t-the brushless power system.
- Built-in two-stage low voltage detection for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use provides a clear signal t-the driver that the battery pack is nearing its minimum voltage threshold.
- Wide range of battery options, including 6-12 cell NiMH or NiCad packs
- The patent-pending Training Mode is an exclusive Traxxas feature that reduces the overall power output of the VXL-3m by 50%, making it easier for new or younger drivers t-control their model. When they're ready, simply change profiles t-unleash full-throttle action.
- Advanced circuit design allows sensorless brushless motors t-operate with the smoothness and precision of the best brushed systems. There's n-need for additional sensor wiring and hardware complexity.
- The EZ-Set® push-button setup operates and programs just like other Traxxas speed controls such as the XL-5. This eliminates the need t-learn a new set of procedures.
- Multi-color LED provides clear feedback
- Two-stage thermal shutdown protection protects the VXL-3m from overheating.
- Locked Rotor Protection prevents system damage by cutting power if the vehicle is stuck or the motor is bound.
- Battery Over-Voltage Protection causes the ESC t-g-int-failsafe mode if the maximum input voltage is exceeded.
- Water resistant case design uses rubber seals and o-rings t-protect against damage caused by water and moisture.
- Micro-fin aluminum heatsink dissipates heat.
- MOSFET design provides high-current output (326 amp peak) with incredibly low resistance (.0005 Ohms).
- Gold plated 3.5mm bullet connectors on 16-gauge Maxx® Cable flow full power t-the motor without performance-strangling resistance.
The VXL-3m is programmable with three drive profiles:
Sport Mode Fwd / Brake / Rev
Race Mode Fwd / Brake
Training Mode 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
Installation on the vehicle
Input Voltage: 6 to 12 cell NiMH, 2S to 3S LiPo
Motors: Sensorless Brushless
Motor Limit: None
Continuous Current: 52A
Peak Current: 326A
BEC Voltage: 6.0V DC
Transistor Type: MOSFET
On-Resistance: 0.0005 ohms
PWM Frequency: 12,000Hz
Motor Connectors: Traxxas 3.5mm bullet connectors
Motor/Battery Wiring: 16-Gauge
Thermal Protection: Two-Stage Thermal Shutdown
Weight: 38g (1.34oz)