More information about Great Planes Float Kit .40 Size GPMQ1872
This is a Sport float kit designed for the Great Planes Piper J-3 Cub .40 kit, but may also be used on any 5-9.5lb .40 size plane.
- All wood to build the floats
- Mounting hardware
- Rudder cable
- Photo illustrated instructions
- Building equipment
- Soldering equipment
- Either covering or fiberglass and paint
If covering, recommend: 1 roll of MonoKote and sealing iron
If glassing, recommend: Finishing resin, 3/4oz fiberglass cloth, mixing cups, 1 wide paint brush, mixing sticks and epoxy paint
- Balsa and ply die-cut, interlocking parts and complete balsa sheeting
- Includes all materials needed for mounting to any plane, plus custom mounting hardware for Great Planes Piper J-3 Cub .40
- Change from floats to wheels in less than 10 minutes with only a Phillips screwdriver and hex wrench
- May be finished with MonoKote covering or fiberglassed and painted
- Includes a tough, lightweight aluminum water rudder which provides positive control at slow, taxi speeds, while incorporating a full kick-up function to protect the floats during beach landings or when striking underwater objects
- Comes with a brass-plated steel flex cable for precise water rudder control
For planes weighing: 5 - 9.5lbs
Width (at the widest point): 5-1/8"
From tip to step: 17.75"