These are the RPM Hybrid Gearbox Housing and Rear Mounts in Green, for 2WD Traxxas vehicles, such as the Slash 2WD, Stampede 2WD, E-Rustler 2WD, and Bandit 2WD.
These Hybrid Gearbox Housing and Rear Mounts were designed to solve a variety of issues with aftermarket, stock, and other transmission housings. RPM's gearbox housing and mounts are a blend of molded nylon and aluminum parts for only the very best combination of durability, strength, and heat dissipation.
Each RPM Gearbox Housing kit is available in black, blue or green and includes all of the necessary mounting hardware and instructions. Whether bashing or racing, the RPM Gearbox Housing is one of the least expensive and yet most valuable options you can buy! Plus, every sing RPM Gearbox Housing kit is proudly manufactured and designed in the USA!
Includes: RPM Hybrid Gearbox Housing and Rear Mounts
Note: RPM Gearbox Housings do not include internal components (gears bearings, shafts, etc.). Internal components (either stock or aftermarket) must be transferred to the RPM Gearbox Housing from the stock Traxxas transmission. RPM #73612 replaces stock Traxxas #3691 (or #3691A).
- Manufactured in the USA from 3mm thick, 6061 T6 aluminum for serious strength and durability.
- Offers significant motor heat dissipation for cooler motor temperatures, unlike stock plastic motor plates that insulate the motor.
- Molded Gearbox Housings
- Retains stock bumper mounting holes for positive, solid support of any bumper or wheelie bars you may choose.
- We modified our housing to eliminate the huge bottom hole in the stock housing, keeping your internal gears cleaner, longer.
- Redesigned exterior features are smoother; making it less likely dirt will adhere or build up on the case.
- Molded Rear Mounts (0 degree & 3 degree Rear Mounts Included)
- Sold with two sets of rear mounts in each package - 0 degree and 3 degree rear mounts are included.
- Molded from the RPM blend of ultra durable, long lasting, bulletproof nylons.
- Aluminum Motor Plate
- Locks in gear mesh for worry-free pinion to spur settings, eliminating fears of exploding spur and pinion gears from an overheated stock transmission case.
- Not integrated with the rear bumper mounts, meaning rear impacts will not bend the motor plate, (when used with a rear bumper or bumper mounting system such as RPM #80902 or #80905).
- Molded from our blend of bulletproof nylons in three popular color choices for guaranteed durability, strength and style.
- Retains a stock cover for the motor, adding motor protection where most aftermarket housings leave the motor completely exposed to rear impacts.
- Quiet! With a completely enclosed gearbox housing, you'll no longer have the loudest transmission on the track.
- Separate housing and rear mounts means transmission maintenance won't affect suspension settings.
- Separate from the gearbox housing and easy to access. Each mount is individually accessible and removable without removing the transmission or vice versa. Simply unbolt 2 screws (and a hinge pin) to remove an A-arm mount or 6 screws to remove the transmission!
- Molded mounts means tighter tolerances and less slop than with machined components for better camber and toe angle retention.