More information about Tamiya 1/12 Newman Joest Racing Porsche (RM-01) TAM58521
This is the Tamiya 1/12 Newman Joest Racing Porsche (RM-01).
The Newman Porsche 956 from the Joest Racing Team, which won the 1984 Le Mans 24 Hours of endurance race, is now available on the Tamiya RM-01 chassis (Racing Master). The RM-01 assembly kit is easy to build, tune and is also ideal for racing enthusiasts to begin their 1/12 scale racing activities.
Includes: New Man Joest Racing Porsche 956 On-Road Race Car Kit, Tires, Wheels, Body, Decals 14T Pinion Gear and Instruction Manual
- Radio: 2-channel with standard size steering servo
- Battery: 2S 7.4V LiPo (#55105 6.6V LiFe battery recommended by Tamiya not available in USA)
- ESC: Compatible with included motor
- Battery Charger: LiPo compatible
- Polycarbonate safe spray or brush on paint
- Building and track equipment
- 1/12 scale ready to assemble electric powered R/C model racing kit.
- Features a 2.5mm thick black-colored FRP lower deck, a height-adjustable resin gear case with type 380 motor. (540 motor may be used when removing stock motor plate)
- 380 motor included.
- Pivot-Ball Link Rear (PBLR) suspension system features a center pivot ball, a pitch damper to temper chassis pitch, and a roll damper and side links to control chassis roll. Roll springs can be additionally installed to the side link pivots for more advanced suspension settings.
- Aluminum diff housing allows ball differential adjustment without detaching rear wheel.
- Steel rear axle.
- Attachment of both hex-hub-secured and 3-screw-secured wheels are possible with the RM-01 chassis.
- Front independent suspension features optimized kingpin trail.
- Use Item 55105 Tamiya LF Battery LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack (M-Size) as the power source. (NOT AVAILABLE IN THE USA MARKET) Installation of square-shaped battery packs is also possible using glass tape (sold separately). Example: 1S hard case battery packs.
- Included Polycarbonate body faithfully reproduces the Porsche 956.
- Stiker sheet to depict the livery and a driver torso included.
Wheelbase: 7.9" (201mm)
Length: 14.5" (368mm)
Width: 6.5" (165mm)
Height: 2.8" (71mm)