Your vehicles are extremely durable, why not your transmitter? The Spektrum™ DX5 Rugged™ 5-channel surface transmitter redefines radio control with a level of durability to match the tough conditions off-roaders, bashers and boaters encounter constantly. We started with a chassis based on the superb Spektrum ergonomic design found on the popular DX5C and competition favorite DX5 Pro. From there, we integrated cordless power tool feature ideas for the die-hard punishment those products endure. The result is a class-leading RC system with unmatched durability in addition to other innovative features that unite with a level of precision, versatility and convenience you won’t want to play without.
Molded Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) bumpers surround the radio chassis to protect it against drops, bumps and even a few bangs here and there. There’s no external antenna to snag or worry about—a low-profile ridge on the chassis protects the robust high-speed signal output internally. A versatile front chassis guard enhances durability further and provides mounting options for user-integrated accessories such as a camera, light source or anything else. The pair of lanyard mounting points gives drivers the ability to keep the transmitter close and gain a free hand when not driving. An easy-access accessory compartment makes it possible to can carry small tools, such as a T-wrench that smartly snaps into the internal mount provided. We increased transmitter water-resistance* to give drivers peace of mind should a splash or bit of rain drop on your path. Last, but not least, is an aggressive off-road style steering wheel that expands its ruggedness even further, AND equipped it with an innovative thumb-lever to make controlling your vehicle with one-hand safer and more precise.
No matter what you're driving, the AVC® technology programming capability in the DX5 Rugged can be easily tuned meet your skill level or driving style with control that makes it feel like you're at the wheel of a vehicle that handles predictably at every speed.
*The DX5 Rugged instruction manual details water resistance limitations.
**Vehicle must be equipped with a telemetry-enabled receiver like the SR6000T (sold separately)
- DX5 Rugged 5-channel Surface Transmitter
- Spektrum SR515, 5-channel DSMR sport receiver
- Product Manual
- Bold styling that’s aggressive with a focus on class-leading durability
- Inspired by the ergonomically-recognized Spektrum™ DX5 Pro and DX5C transmitters
- Water-resistant* chassis design protects against minor splashes
- Dual lanyard mounts provide radio safety and accessibility
- Surrounded rubber-bumper chassis protection
- Built-in front chassis guard offers user-inspired accessory mounting options
- Simple capacitive-touch control panel responds to the touch of your finger
- Intuitive software based on user-tested functionality that’s clean and simple
- Innovative thumb-steering lever makes one-hand operation safer and more precise
- Non-slip removable rubber hand grip and off-road treaded steering wheel
- Built-in telemetry capability (telemetry compatible devices sold separately)
- Convenient built-in tool storage compartment
- Large easy-to-read LCD screen
- Five-channel, full-proportional versatility
- Frequency-agile, Spektrum™ DSMR® 2.4GHz technology
- Program and fine-tune compatible receivers with AVC® technology
- Steering mix, 4-wheel steering mixes, Motor-On-Axle (MOA), plus one assignable mix
- Bind-progress screen displays status and frame rate
- Includes the compact Spektrum SR515, 5-channel DSMR sport receiver
- Compatible with DSM2® receivers
# of Channels: 5
Receiver: SR515 with DSMR technology (included)
Model Memory: 20
This product was added to our catalog on January 4, 2019
Rubber protection peals off quite easily.
Battery compartment has very sharp plastic, batteries barely fit in and removing them is quite difficult. Compared to a Traxxas stock transmitter, the plastic is far lower in quality.
Battery seems to be consumed at quick rate.
The acceleration/brake trigger course seems short (and it can be an issue when in need for a sensitive acceleration), while steering wheel could be far better for the price.
Steering thumb of the steering wheel is short for someone with medium hands.
Binding wasn't very easy going. It had troubles biding with a SRS6000 receiver.
The selector switch is really bad, very frustrating to use. I do not recommend this product.
No lo compres!
El switch de selección es de muy mala calidad, muy frustrante de usar, no entiendo como lanzan al mercado un producto no terminado.
It is a very valuable product optimized for mountain climbing.
I'll use it well.