The 2-channel S2200 Smart G2 AC Charger — from the new "Generation 2" of Spektrum Smart electronics — brings today's most advanced and user-friendly charging technology to RC pilots and drivers of all skill levels.
- Up to 200W power per channel or 380W on one channel for fast charging
- Charges AND balances Smart G2 batteries with one simple IC3 or IC5 connection — no separate balance lead needed
- Auto Charge recognizes Smart battery charging parameters and begins safe, accurate charging automatically when connected
- Charges virtually any RC battery (use Smart batteries to benefit from all charger features)
- Smart software tracks and stores numerous smart battery data
- Includes IC3 and IC5 charging output ports — eliminating the need for a separate IC3 or IC5 adapter to charge Spektrum Smart batteries
- Large, 2.8" display screen
- An on-screen clock counts down remaining charge time until your Smart battery is fully charged and ready to use
- Updated user interface features fresh, intuitive menus, icons and navigation tools, plus non-slip, easy to use buttons
- USB input and output ports are included for updating firmware and charging secondary devices
- ON/OFF switch eliminates the need to plug in and unplug the power cord for on/off control
- Detachable power cord makes transporting more convenient
- Includes an efficient, low-noise cooling fan
- Sleek, sturdy case fits well on a workbench and in pit or field bags
- Handy rubber grips on case make it easier to plug in and remove batteries
- IC3 and IC5 connectors are backwards compatible with EC3 and EC5 connectors
With up to 200W power per channel or 380W on one channel for fast charging, plus the ability to charge batteries on either the IC3 or IC5 integrated output ports, the S2200 charger delivers a versatile and truly hassle-free charging experience. The S2200 charger works with virtually any RC battery and is backwards compatible with EC3 and EC5 connectors. Use it together with Smart G1 or G2 batteries and you'll be amazed by its incredible functionality and performance.
The S2200 Smart G2 AC Charger makes battery charging the easiest it has ever been. Its Auto Charge feature recognizes your Smart battery's parameters, such as chemistry type and charge rate, and begins safe, correct charging automatically when the charge lead is connected. A clock on the charger's screen counts down the time until your Smart battery is fully charged and ready to use.
Balancing Smart G2 batteries is just as simple. The S2200 charger will balance your Smart G2 LiPo packs through the same, single IC connection used for charging. No separate, confusing balance leads are required.
The S2200 Smart G2 AC Charger's updated, improved user interface features fresh, intuitive menus, icons, and navigation tools. Its clear, easily understandable indicators of Smart battery history and performance provide the information you need to make the best decisions about your batteries when putting gear together for a day at the field or track.
USB input and output ports enable you to charge secondary devices and to update the charger's firmware so you always have the latest version. The S2200 Smart G2 AC Charger also includes an ON/OFF switch, cooling fan, detachable power cord, and sleek case with rubber grips that fits perfectly on your workbench and in your pit or field bag.
- Normal/Standard Charge Rate: 0.1 - 20.0A
- Product Width: 5.67" (144 mm)
- Technology : Smart
- Application: RC Model Battery Charger
- Reverse Polarity Protection: Yes
- Selectable Charge Rate: Yes
- Software Updates: Yes
- Hard Case: Yes
- Over Current Protection: Yes
- Integrated Balancing: Yes - Internal Balancer & Internal Adapter
- Charge Protection Circuitry: Yes
- Input Voltage: 100 - 240V AC
- Maximum Continuous Discharge Rate: 1.5A
- Output: 2 x 200W, or 380W on one channel
- Battery Balance Connector: JST_XH
- Maximum Charge Rate: 20A
- Low Input Voltage Protection: Yes
- PC Connectivity: Yes
- Product Weight: 37.7oz (1070g)
- Discharge: 0.1 - 1.5A
- Number of Cells: 1 - 6S LiPo, LiIon, LiFe, 1-16 cell NiMH, NiCd, 1-12 cell Pb
- Safety Timer: Yes
- Short Circuit Protection: Yes
- Amp Meter: Yes
- Product Height: 4.13" (105 mm)
- Product Length: 5.7" (145 mm)
- Voltage Meter: Yes
- Display: 2.8" LCD
- Output Connector: IC3 and IC5 selectable
- Peak Detection: Yes
- Thermal Protection: Yes
- Programmable: Yes
- Battery Temperature Monitoring: Yes
- Cooling Method: Fan
SELECT IC3 or IC5 CHARGING OUTPUT
The Spektrum S2200 Smart G2 AC Charger includes IC3 and IC5 output ports for charging your Smart batteries without adapters. Use the slider to select either the IC3 or IC5 port and then charge your battery — at up to 200W power per channel or 380W on one channel for fast charging. You can charge AND balance Smart G2 batteries with one simple IC3 or IC5 connection. No separate balance lead is required.
IMPROVED USER INTERFACE
To provide the easiest, most helpful, and most hassle-free charging experience, the S2200 G2 AC charger includes a large, 2.8" display and updated user interface with improved menus, icons, and navigation tools — plus non-slip, easy to use buttons. For maximum safety, simplicity, and charging ease, a new Auto Charge feature recognizes Smart battery charging parameters as soon as you connect your pack and begins proper charging automatically.
CHARGE TIME REMAINING CLOCK
In real time, a clock on the S2200 G2 AC charger's screen counts down the minutes until your Smart battery is fully charged and ready to be used.
IMPROVED CASE DESIGN
The charger's sleek case fits perfectly on your workbench and in your pit or field bag. Its power cord is detachable for easy transport. Rubber grips help you hold the charger securely while connecting and removing batteries. USB input and output ports enable you to update charger firmware and to charge secondary devices. Other features include a built-in ON/OFF power switch and low-noise cooling fan.
This product was added to our catalog on March 9, 2021
Yes, it can charge most everything, but really stands out when matched with Spektrum smart batteries. Having a very accurate gauge of charging times is tremendous.
My only suggested improvement would be to eliminate the black balancing socket with a white/yellow, or anything else that would contrast with black balancing plug. Small, tight fit with black on black makes the pairing more difficult than it should be.