The classic Tamiya Hornet joins the X-SA series, a childhood dream for many early R/C fans and still a highly popular model today.
About the X-SA series
Kits are a big part of what we do here at Tamiya, but we also understand that some people may not have the time or confidence for the assembly of an R/C model that is why we have come up with the X-SA (Expert-Semi-Assembled) series of models. Each product features a fully-assembled and setup chassis with our TEU-105BK ESC (electronic speed control) included, plus a fully painted body with the marking stickers already applied. All you need to do is provide the R/C equipment and battery pack, install it, and you're ready to drive.
- 1/10 scale finished R/C model.
- Finished polycarbonate body and wing are pre-painted in black, and have the iconic Hornet livery stickers applied.
- The chassis comes ready-assembled.
- Independent swing axle front suspension utilizes friction dampers, while rolling rigid axle rear suspension is fitted with oil filled dampers.
- Sealed rear gearbox protects diff gear during off-road running.
- Length: 15.75 in. (400mm)
- Width: 9.06 in. (230mm)
- Height: 5.91 in. (150mm)
- Wheelbase: 9.88 in. (251mm)
- Adjustable Gear Ratio: Fixed
- Bearings: Plastic bushing
- Body Material: Polycarbonate pre-painted body
- Body Stickers: Pre-Applied
- Chassis Material: ABS Plastic
- Construction Type: Expert-Semi-Assembled
- Differential Type: Gear
- Drive Type: 2WD
- Electronic Speed Control (ESC): Included TEU-105BK ESC
- Motor: 540-brushed type
- Scale: 1/10
- Shock Damper: Friction type
- Suspension: Independent front/solid axle rear
- Terrain Use: Multi-Purpose
Includes: TEU-105BK ESC (Electronic Speed Control)
- 2-channel radio
- Steering servo
- 7.2 volt battery
- Battery charger
This product was added to our catalog on January 20, 2021