Tamiya 1/12 Lotus Type 78 Model with Photo Etched Parts
The Tamiya 1/12 Lotus Type 78 Model Formula One Car Kit is modeled after an iconic car and includes photo etched parts for added realism. This detailed model kit recreates the famous Lotus Type 78, which was driven by Mario Andretti and Gunnar Nilsson. The Lotus Type 78 made its name in automotive racing history as the first full-fledged wing car in Formula One. The race car has a slender body based on a sharp wedge shape, and the inside of the side pontoon has a wing shape that is upside down with inverted aircraft-like wings to achieve a greater down force effect without increasing air resistance.
NOTE: Photo of completed model is for illustrative purposes only. This is a model kit that requires assembly. Hobby tools, adhesive, and paint will be needed to complete the model.
- 1/12 scale plastic assembly model
- Decals are included to depict Goodyear logos
- Coil spring suspension allows movement
- Front tires move in unison when moving the steering wheel
- Fuel pipe and the ignition cord components are connected to the DFV engine parts
- Front cowl, cockpit cowl, radiator ducts, and induction box are removable
- Photo-etched parts include brake discs, radiator, two types of front and rear wingtips, and seat buckles to complete the set
- Length: 381mm
- Width: 171mm
- Height: 76mm
This product was added to our catalog on April 26, 2023