This large-scale 1/16 static display tank kit recreates the unique M551 Sheridan. The actual Sheridan began development in 1959 and would go on to serve in major conflicts such as the Vietnam and Gulf Wars. It was a lightweight, air liftable vehicle that contributed to the more mobile U.S. forces that were necessary as America took on a more major global security role in the post-WW2 years. This model uses components from the R/C model, for a highly detailed finish.
- The powerful form of the Sheridan with 5.98 in. (152mm) gun/launcher is recreated in excellent detail.
- Features a precision aluminum gun barrel, plus other metal components including lower hull, drive sprockets, coil-sprung suspension arms and more.
- Pre-assembled plastic tracks offer wonderful detail, and have soft resin depictions of rubber pads.
- Soft photo-etched metal parts are included to recreate the anti-RPG net often seen as an impromptu addition to Sheridan's deployed in Vietnam.
- 1/16 scale plastic model assembly kit.
- Length: 16.06 in. (408mm)
- Width: 6.9 in. (177mm)
- Height: 7.32 in. (186mm) (including gun shield)
Requires: Cement, paint and finishing supplies.
This product was added to our catalog on April 8, 2021