Tamiya 1/48 Grumman F-14A Tomcat TAM61114
This is a 1/48 scale model of the Grumman F-14A Tomcat from Tamiya.
Warning: Last items in stock!
More information about Tamiya 1/48 Grumman F-14A Tomcat TAM61114
This is a 1/48 scale model of the Grumman F-14A Tomcat from Tamiya. The Grumman F-14 Tomcat is a supersonic twin-engine, dual seater variable-sweep wing fighter aircraft. The Tomcat was developed for the United States Navy's Naval Fighter Experimental (VFX) program that followed the collapse of the F-111B project. The F-14 was the first of the American teen-series fighter aircraft that were designed using the experience of air combat against MiG fighters during the Vietnam War at the core of its design.
This model portrays the F-14A Tomcat variant, a two-seat, twin-engine, Omni-weather interceptor fighter variant for the United Stated Navy. Flown for the first time on December 21, 1970, this fighter fulfilled the roles of a long-range interceptor, air superiority fighter, and eventually, bomber. It was deployed from 1974 to 2006, during which time it employed a "swing wing" that allowed variable sweep control. The F-14A, which covers a majority of the early variants, was the most commonly-produced variant of the Tomcat. 79 were exported to Iran before the deterioration of U.S.-Iranian relations and took part of the Iran-Iraq war.
- Movable swing wing - can be set at angles from 20-75°
- Depicted in parked position with landing gear deployed
- Separate parts included to depict airbag and sealing plate shapes with wing at 20° & 75°
- Openable canopy
- Ladder and step components can be built in deployed or stowed positions
- Includes 3 separate replica marking options
- VF-84 Jolly Rogers U.S Navy Fighter Squadron
- VF-2 Bounty Hunters U.S. Navy Fighter Squadron
- Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) unit F-14A
- Extra parts included depicting refueling probe and its bay
- 2 hyper-realistic figures included depicting seated pilot and Radar Intercept Officer (RIO)
- Missile parts depict air-to-air missiles:
- AIM-9 Sidewinders
- AIM-7 Sparrow
- AIM-54 Phoenix
Fuselage Length: 398mm
Wingspan: 212mm - 408mm
Specifications for Tamiya 1/48 Grumman F-14A Tomcat TAM61114
Reviews for Tamiya 1/48 Grumman F-14A Tomcat TAM61114
No customer reviews for the moment.