This massive Tamiya R/C replica recreates the shape of the rather unique M551 Sheridan in 1/16 scale. The M551 was designed as airdrop capable armor with wading capabilities, a key concept as the U.S. took on the role of global policeman post-WWII. With an aluminum hull and rolled steel turret, it weighed just 15 tons, but had impressive firepower in the shape of the M81 6.0 in. (152mm) gun/launcher, which could fire standard rounds and MGM-51 Shillelagh missiles. The M551 was in service with active units from 1968 to 1996 and saw action in the jungles of Vietnam.
Assembled link type tracks have elastomer recreations of the rubber pads for an authentic look.
- 1/16 scale R/C model assembly kit.
- Die cast components for suspension arms, sprocket wheels, idler arms and more offer excellent durability.
- Utilizes an aluminum gun barrel for superb accuracy.
- Offers a full range of movement: forward and reverse, a variety of turns, turret rotation and gun elevation. Suspension features a coil spring for each of the 10 suspension arms, giving the model excellent mobility.
- Firing of the main gun is accompanied by an LED flash, realistic recoil, and vehicle kickback. Machine gun also produces LED flashes when fired.
- Authentic engine and firing sounds were recorded from a full-size vehicle and are coordinated with model actions. A large speaker in the model ensures rich sounds.
- Length: 16.1 in. (408mm)
- Width: 7.0 in. (177mm)
- Height: 7.3 in. (186mm)
- Paint and assembly.
- 4-channel transmitter with self-neutral function
- 7.2-volt Ni-Cd or Ni-MH battery pack & compatible charger
- Transmitter batteries and Tamiya model paint.
- Tamiya ATTACK 2.4GHZ RADIO SYSTEM recommended for complete compatibility with included Multi-Function Unit control system.