Team Brood B-Mag 70mm Magnesium Posts help to reduce sprung weight on your chassis, without sacrificing strength. These are great to use as braces when installed between front or rear shock hoops, and are also an excellent choice to use as bracing between the chassis rails on custom builds. Package includes two posts.
NOTE: These parts are uncoated, and will develop a patina over time. They may have already started prior to shipment.
- Up to 35% lighter than Aluminum posts
- Raw Magnesium Finish
- M3 Threaded
- Sold in pairs
Benefits of Magnesium: High-purity magnesium alloys have physical and chemical characteristics that are superior to those of aluminum or zinc alloys.
- Strength: Because its tensile yield strength is equal to that of aluminum alloys, magnesium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any commonly available material.
- Lightweight: Despite its strength, magnesium is the lightest of all structural materials, weighing only two-thirds as much as aluminum and only one-fourth as much as steel. In high speed moving parts, magnesium’s low density also results in lower inertia and increased performance.
- Damping Capacity: Magnesium has an excellent capacity to absorb energy, greatly reducing noise and vibration. This ability to absorb energy also results in a good combination of high-impact strength and dent resistance.
- Machinability: Magnesium is recognized as the easiest of all structural metals to machine, requiring far less time and energy than aluminum.
- Finishing: A wide variety of finishes can be applied for decorative or corrosion-resistant purposes. Some of these are: solvent based paints, powder coatings, E-coat, electroless nickel plating, chromate coatings, anodization, and phosphate.
This product was added to our catalog on February 4, 2019