"Tekno really did a great job this time. This kit is superior to anything I’ve ever built before. Parts are top notch quality. The kit couldn’t have gone together any smoother and drives better than any nitro buggy I’ve had before!" -William - Verified Owner
Extreme Durability Paired With Performance Handling
The Tekno NB48 2.0 1/8 Competition Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit features a ground-up original design, with almost every element of this buggy being evaluated, tested, and retooled. This buggy is the result of over a full years worth of research and on-track testing. After many visions and revisions, Tekno has created a vehicle that maintains the quality, durability, and fit-and-finish they are known for while dramatically improving this model's consistency and handling. From large noticeable changes to fine one to two millimeter adjustments, this buggy has been fine-tuned to deliver a significantly improved driving experience.
About the NB48 2.0
The 2.0 differential boasts approximately 35% larger oil capacity than the NB48.4 units. This not only enhances consistency during extended mains but also prolongs the intervals between rebuilds. Throughout Tekno's extensive testing phase, they encountered no instances of 'cooked differentials,' and the oil remained exceptionally clean in comparison to any other observations they have made.
Within the bulkhead, a larger inner bearing provides support for the differential pinion gear. The bearings have been strategically relocated, significantly reducing the likelihood of pinion bearing failure. As with their earlier vehicles, the Tekno team invested substantial effort in refining tolerances and gear mesh to minimize the requirement for intricate differential shimming. Consistent with their approach in other vehicles, the bulkheads are entirely sealed off from dirt and dust, achieved through precisely fitting bottom and outer bulkhead covers. While this feature might be overlooked or deemed unnecessary by some, it serves as one less concern for racers navigating challenging elements.
Tekno opted for an entirely redesigned 3mm chassis, meticulously CNC machined from 7075 aluminum and hard anodized for extended durability. The novel chassis design is one millimeter slimmer while significantly broader, aiming to diminish twitchiness and enhance handling and flex characteristics, especially on rough tracks.
- 3mm CNC 7075 Aluminum hard anodized lightened chassis
- Independent servo mounts with decoupled battery and radio boxes
- CNC 7075 shock towers, pivot blocks, and motor mounts
- 16mm bore shocks with CNC Delrin pistons and guides
- Double-bearing center differential with split differential mount
- Rear hub and arm insert system with adjustable roll center and toe
- Long arm, narrow pivot suspension geometry
- 1-Piece wing mount and ultra-lightweight wing
- 2nd Generation quick fueling body
- (1) Tekno NB48 2.0 Nitro Buggy Kit
Needed to Complete
- 2/3 channel radio/transmitter
- High torque steering and brake servo (at least 300 oz/in)
- RX battery 58.5mmx36mmx34.5mm (LxWxH)
- Switch harness
- .21 nitro engine, tuned pipe, manifold, and glow plug
- Fuel bottle, fuel, 1/8th buggy starter box, and glow ignitor
- 1/8th scale buggy tires, wheels and CA glue
- Paint for body
*NOTE: RC Kits are an unassembled Remote Control Model that require assembly, racer selected electronics, and other racer provided items. Photos of assembled kit are for illustrative purposes only. For a complete list of needed items to drive this kit please see the list above.
Blank Set Up Sheet
Joe Bornhorst Base
This product was added to our catalog on September 16, 2019